Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better replay system
09-09-2012, 03:52 AM
Better replay system
Is the replay system intentionally hard to use? So that one strategy is to hope your opponent skips replay?

If not, the replay system needs a major overhaul. It should be possible to turn off animations for replay, or perhaps speed them up. There seem to be very long delays between moves for no apparant reason! It would also be useful to skip move by move, not turn by turn! If i just want to see my opponents last move, i should not have to sit through an entire turn of interminablely slow animations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 04:43 AM
RE: Better replay system
i think the replay system is fine in this regard. the last move replay moves pretty fast (takes like...10-15 seconds to watch the entire last move replay?
i just wish there was a database to watch ALL of your replays. probably would take a lot of storage, but maybe make it a (re)purchaseable item or something. or maybe have it available so EVERYONE can search someone's name in a database and find all of their replays...

just a suggestion. your 2 man team is doing great in developing this game!
09-09-2012, 08:05 AM
(09-09-2012 04:43 AM)P1noyboypj Wrote:  i think the replay system is fine in this regard. the last move replay moves pretty fast (takes like...10-15 seconds to watch the entire last move replay?
i just wish there was a database to watch ALL of your replays. probably would take a lot of storage, but maybe make it a (re)purchaseable item or something. or maybe have it available so EVERYONE can search someone's name in a database and find all of their replays...

just a suggestion. your 2 man team is doing great in developing this game!

I agree replay links disappear too quickly. I feel like it shouldn't even take really much more storage since the replays are saved regardless... it's just a matter of whether you copied that long link down somewhere or not. So basically "lost" replays are just wasted storage on the servers anyway since nobody can find them even though they are saved somewhere.
09-09-2012, 09:53 AM
The "notes" app makes a great place to catalog replays, list them by map/opponent and you can even use the search feature in notes to hunt down what you're looking for
09-09-2012, 01:04 PM
The ability to skip move-to-move instead of only turn-to-turn would be a welcome addition to during-game replays. It's not a huge deal though.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]