Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$2.99 for an increased game limit?
09-07-2012, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2012 10:16 AM by worldfamous.)
RE: $2.99 for an increased game limit?
(09-07-2012 08:29 AM)bmike Wrote:  I appreciate what you are saying but disagree and worry that they didn't set a time limit on the increased game limit.

Renting servers to serve the moves database is not a trivial expense - and I have experienced the opposite on gameplay for free versus paid in the quality of people that engage to play a game. When people pay to play (even if it's the price of a hamburger or sweet drink or an ice-cream sundae) they take the game more seriously and are less likely to abandon games or just be immature and complain if you take 5 minutes to make a move.

I think they have made a very good tradeoff - 5 simultaneous games for free. 20 games if you have bought one player pack of any sort and 35 games if you just pay for added game play and storage. I worry any time a single payment covers an on-going cost for a business to bear. If they are planning on being in the game for the long haul - they have priced two or three years of maintenance for a single purchase. If they are in it for the short haul, what happens in a year when they need to come back and ask for more or slow down the access since we're no longer paying for our server costs to play the game?
I understand that servers don't run themselves but I'm not most consumers. Most consumers don't give rip what the cost of doing business is. Consumers seek value. All they need to do to stay in business for the long haul is introduce a new team every couple months. They could even charge for new maps. People pay $10-$15 every quarter for new COD maps. You just can't tell your customers to cough up $3 to run the servers. We need content and value.

(09-07-2012 08:51 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I think 3 dollars for every bit of new content they produce, ever, is a great deal. That being said, I can imagine some free people getting pretty pissed off when they can't start new games all of a sudden, and quit playing because of that.
I agree that's an amazing deal but I don't think it's available anymore. It's $6 or $7 now (still a good deal IMO). I don't know why they didn't just put ads in for the free users.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: $2.99 for an increased game limit? - worldfamous - 09-07-2012 10:14 AM