Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$2.99 for an increased game limit?
09-09-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: $2.99 for an increased game limit?
I'm content with the 20 game limit, and I'm very happy you decided to give some kind of benefit to those who had already paid for teams.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 08:45 AM
(09-08-2012 07:57 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  ...the Uber Pack is the 'buy this if you don't want to be nickeled-and-dimed' choice but then now the door is open for microtransactions - a practice which I despise. Again, I don't mind at this point, but please don't start adding a lot of things like this. It's not about the price which is more than reasonable, in fact I would pay $20 for Outwitters, but it's about the idea. I'd much rather pay $20 for something which gets me the COMPLETE package than pay $5 for a base game and then $1 seven more times for little micro-features that come out here and there. At the end of the day the latter would be cheaper by quite a lot - $12 instead of the $20 flat fee - but the latter also leaves a bad feeling compared to the $20 full purchase.

Perfectly stated. I would've easily paid $8-9 or whatever it is now for the uber pack + game limit increased. I only paid $2.99 for the uber pack when it was on sale which was a steal, and like I said I would have paid $9 still thinking there is nothing left to purchase after this.

Now of course as Combat has said, even if I purchase the $2.99 extra slot pack now that is still only a grand total of $6 which is less than I was willing to pay. BUT I have not purchased it because I am reluctant to for the exact reasons he stated.

Furthermore, a while ago it was stated:

(07-10-2012 02:23 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  We're thinking about increasing the game limit for anyone that's bought anything. Keep an eye on the updates; it'll probably happen.

But that didn't happen.... People who have bought something remained at 20 games, and even with the uber pack have to purchase another, as Combat puts it, microtransaction to actually increase this beyond 20.

Here's the thread I pulled that from if anyone's interested, http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=225

That said, I love this game and definitely am enjoying it and won't stop playing it anytime soon. But the idea that future features may not be available to me even though I purchased the falsely advertised "all inclusive pack" is quite offputting.
09-09-2012, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 03:11 PM by vivafringe.)
I don't mind the changes. Server costs were getting too high to make freeloaders worth it. Oh well! And now you can buy more gamespace if you want.

...but I really wish they'd fix queue spamming for 1p, something that has been complained about over and over. Letting users buy more gamespace is the same as letting them pay for extra ability to queue spam. So it's sort of an insult that they added the changes in this order.
09-09-2012, 07:59 PM
(09-09-2012 03:08 PM)vivafringe Wrote:  ...but I really wish they'd fix queue spamming for 1p, something that has been complained about over and over. Letting users buy more gamespace is the same as letting them pay for extra ability to queue spam. So it's sort of an insult that they added the changes in this order.

urgh I despise que spamming : / that's the only major complaint about this game, it doesn't really affect the masses, but in higher tiers where it's much more competitive you have to start one game at a time until you become P1 and make a few then to make up for the P2 games.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-12-2012, 12:39 AM
(09-09-2012 03:08 PM)vivafringe Wrote:  ...but I really wish they'd fix queue spamming for 1p, something that has been complained about over and over. Letting users buy more gamespace is the same as letting them pay for extra ability to queue spam. So it's sort of an insult that they added the changes in this order.

If you feel strongly about it, it's important to email us about it (if you haven't already). We don't see everything on the forum.

This has been discussed some between Alex and myself, but I don't know where it is on his priority list. I don't know if the "joining as player 2" thing is fixable, but getting matched to the same person that started 20 games over and over should be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2012, 03:47 AM
(09-12-2012 12:39 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  

If you feel strongly about it, it's important to email us about it (if you haven't already). We don't see everything on the forum.

This has been discussed some between Alex and myself, but I don't know where it is on his priority list. I don't know if the "joining as player 2" thing is fixable, but getting matched to the same person that started 20 games over and over should be.

Done, sent an email complaint.
09-13-2012, 12:25 AM
(09-09-2012 08:45 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 02:23 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  We're thinking about increasing the game limit for anyone that's bought anything. Keep an eye on the updates; it'll probably happen.

But that didn't happen.... People who have bought something remained at 20 games, and even with the uber pack have to purchase another, as Combat puts it, microtransaction to actually increase this beyond 20.

Here's the thread I pulled that from if anyone's interested, http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=225

That said, I love this game and definitely am enjoying it and won't stop playing it anytime soon. But the idea that future features may not be available to me even though I purchased the falsely advertised "all inclusive pack" is quite offputting.

Sorry I overlooked this. We didn't go through with the increase because it would have hit us pretty hard at a time when we aren't doing so awesome. If the numbers were healthier, we'd have just given everyone a limit increase and not even done an IAP.

But you can rest assured, the uber pack DOES entitle you to all future team pack additions, including the one next update. If we decide to add avatars or something like that, those probably won't be included. That's purely a business decision, to help us close the gap and break even on this game.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-13-2012, 06:24 AM
(09-13-2012 12:25 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  

Sorry I overlooked this. We didn't go through with the increase because it would have hit us pretty hard at a time when we aren't doing so awesome. If the numbers were healthier, we'd have just given everyone a limit increase and not even done an IAP.

But you can rest assured, the uber pack DOES entitle you to all future team pack additions, including the one next update. If we decide to add avatars or something like that, those probably won't be included. That's purely a business decision, to help us close the gap and break even on this game.

Aw sorry to hear that. It's such a great game!! Smile You guys still have got my support!
09-13-2012, 03:27 PM
(09-13-2012 12:25 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  

Break even? Wow, I didn't realize there were that many freeloaders. I know that every business is a grind but I figured this one was a success for sure. Well , I've bought everything you've offered and finally smacked my 2v2 partner upside the head enough times to get him to buy the uber. This is a great game that I would love to see around for a long time.