Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lift Fog at base?
09-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Lift Fog at base?
I recently lost a game where my opponent was in the fog at my base, hit it, and then took 3 days to make his next turn. When it was my turn again, I foolishly skipped the replay because the board looked clear. Of course he , finished me on his next turn. I'm bringing this up because I was thinking that maybe our bases should have sight for any space in contact with them. What do you guys think?

P.S.
In case you're wondering how this scenario occurred, I should not that it was a 2v2 game. More fog, turns take forever, and the replays can be exhausting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2012, 07:23 AM
RE: Lift Fog at base?
The only time this change would affect the way the game plays out would be if your opponent moves next to your base from the fog into the fog but doesn't attack it (planning to hit it next turn I suppose). So in other words, it would be nice to cut back on having to view replays in 2v2 games and the actual gameplay change isn't huge... but I don't know. I think if you've had a game where no turn has happened for 3 days and you don't remember what is happening, it would probably be in your best interest to view the replay anyway.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
09-07-2012, 07:48 AM
RE: Lift Fog at base?
(09-07-2012 06:23 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  In case you're wondering how this scenario occurred, I should not that it was a 2v2 game. More fog, turns take forever, and the replays can be exhausting.

I think the fog of war is very important. I would say, perhaps you should have one visibility around your spawn points as long as they are not blocked (when you would know what is on the spawn point, but need other units to tell what is next to the spawn point).

I would rather the developers work on replay to have a slider to scrub through the moves more rapidly or speed up the delay and let us pause or go move by move if the new faster replay is too fast for our taste. Disable all the cute movement, background movement and make replay a fast as butter tool would be my vote.