Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Efficiency of changing blank wit spaces to colored with runners
08-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Efficiency of changing blank wit spaces to colored with runners
Okay here's the scenario: you've just faught over your opponents wit space and you managed to knock out the defender and change the wit space grey. They kill your occupying soldier, but don't recapture it. You have a runner within 5 spaces. Is it worth capturing the wit spot if they will definitely be able to capture and hold the space next turn?

Cost of capture with runner - 2 wits for move,1 for runner = 3 wit

Cost of recapture - 1 wit for attack, 1 wit to move and 1 unit forced onto the space

Thoughts?

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2012, 10:06 PM
RE: Efficiency of changing blank wit spaces to colored with runners
I would say, yes, it's worth it. Let your opponent fiddle with the wit space while you make other plans. Also, in the scenario you described, you don't have troops in that area (I assume this based on your statement that will definitely recapture and hold) so the runner gives you vision of your opponents area.
08-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Exactly, thanks I didn't think about vision, i see it is worth it and yeah you assumed right, I've been doing that in a lot of games and realized I use 1 more wit than my opponent, so wanted other opinions Smile ty

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
08-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Both of you didn't take into account the wits your opponent 'loses' by not controlling the Wit Space for 2 turns.

If your opponent is close to winning, he can safely ignore the Wit Space but in any other situation it is kind of imperative to reconquer that Wit Space ASAP to prevent a long term Wit disadvantage.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-31-2012, 12:46 AM
Ah, sorry, I needed to clarify something, I'm assuming that the fight over the wit space has already happened, and they are guaranteed to have a loss of 2 wit, as that sometimes happens. It was more a fact that if you change it to your color and they will change it to blue next turn anyways, will it be worth it? Tongue but thanks for that

08-31-2012, 03:18 AM
(08-31-2012 12:46 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Ah, sorry, I needed to clarify something, I'm assuming that the fight over the wit space has already happened, and they are guaranteed to have a loss of 2 wit, as that sometimes happens. It was more a fact that if you change it to your color and they will change it to blue next turn anyways, will it be worth it? Tongue but thanks for that

If you've captured the space (changed it to your color) they will not be able to recapture it in one turn. The first turn they occupy it will merely return it to grey, so that will be one more turn that they will missing their extra wit.
08-31-2012, 04:17 AM
On two spawn maps, generally yes, I would do this if there's no other big threats. Forces your opponent to devote 2 units to that wit space (1 to kill runner, another to take it back).

On one spawn maps, it really depends. Having good vision is really important and sacrificing a runner to take that wit space means you will either lose vision or have to spawn another runner. Sometimes you don't have that luxury.
08-31-2012, 04:31 AM
(08-31-2012 03:18 AM).orwell. Wrote:  
(08-31-2012 12:46 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Ah, sorry, I needed to clarify something, I'm assuming that the fight over the wit space has already happened, and they are guaranteed to have a loss of 2 wit, as that sometimes happens. It was more a fact that if you change it to your color and they will change it to blue next turn anyways, will it be worth it? Tongue but thanks for that

If you've captured the space (changed it to your color) they will not be able to recapture it in one turn. The first turn they occupy it will merely return it to grey, so that will be one more turn that they will missing their extra wit.

Sorry to say this but that's definitely wrong, you do recapture an opposite colour space in 1 turn or 'rotation'.I've counted my wits in the past to test it and you do get an extra wit, even though it changes your colour at the same time as rewarding wits to you

08-31-2012, 09:30 AM
(08-31-2012 04:31 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(08-31-2012 03:18 AM).orwell. Wrote:  

Sorry to say this but that's definitely wrong, you do recapture an opposite colour space in 1 turn or 'rotation'.I've counted my wits in the past to test it and you do get an extra wit, even though it changes your colour at the same time as rewarding wits to you

I think you guys are saying the same thing, but orwell counts turn as just one person going, necro counts turn as each player going once (a rotation/cycle). So two "orwell" turns = one "necro" turn.

In general, any wit spaces which are your color at the start of your turn (before you used any wits) will give you a bonus.
08-31-2012, 08:55 PM
Ty swim =P