Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League Percentiles
08-31-2012, 01:15 AM
League Percentiles
I'm interested to get some better context for how league assignment breaks down across the entire population of placed Outwitters players. That is to say, I want to know that percentile each league resides in according to rank. I'll give an example:

Supertitan: Top 10%
Master: Top 30%
Gifted: Top 50%
Clever: Top 70%
Fluffy: Top 100%

I am sure these are not hard thresholds, but rather a description of the current layout of player data. OML, please let us know! Smile

I'd also be interested to know the raw number of players assigned to each league.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2012, 02:49 AM
RE: League Percentiles
For STL, I believe there are 5 leagues, with 40 players each, so 200 Super Titans. I remember Adam or Alex saying STL is much smaller than all the others.
08-31-2012, 08:29 AM
Jeez, no wonder I'm always playing against the same people. My 40-man division has 15 people with less than 50 points, and three with zero points. Maybe only a dozen people in Ailing Trail look like active players.
08-31-2012, 09:31 AM
(08-31-2012 08:29 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  Jeez, no wonder I'm always playing against the same people. My 40-man division has 15 people with less than 50 points, and three with zero points. Maybe only a dozen people in Ailing Trail look like active players.

I think everyone plays 1-2 games a day. I have played someone with 0 points in our league and he told me he plays everyday. But since it's only 1-2 and usually against better players he is stuck at 0.
08-31-2012, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 06:32 AM by CombatEX.)
Well this doesn't include Super-Titan 0r Fluffy but I imagine the other percentiles are still fairly accurate since OML probably hasn't messed with the ratios.

http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=196

I agree though that it would be nice to know. I believe I posted a thread about this a while back but didn't get any response.

My guess extrapolating from that thread is something like

ST <1%
Masters top 10%
Gifted top 30%
Clever top 60%
Fluffy 'top 100%'

I'm fairly certain ST is 1% or less since we know it's around 200 people and I'm pretty sure there are more than 20,000 players in ladder (that are active though? Not sure)

Then I guess fluffy has to be bigger than clever since OML says each league gets progressively smaller. And then 40/30/20/10 seems like a nice distribution. I think OML probably wouldn't want to put much more than 40% of players in fluffy since nearing half of players in the lowest league would be a bit much (perhaps discouraging/degrading or simply not an interesting environment to compete in since the range of skill in fluffy would be enormous). So this is why I figure fluffy is probably between 35-45% of players and then condensed the ratio in the thread I linked to into approx the remaing 60% (with some liberal rounding).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]