Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
Outwitters WORLD CUP Winner - Alvendor (SWEDEN)
10-26-2012, 12:19 PM
RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Round of 16
forum bug

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Any match updates for the round? Smile Need to be aware there's a fair chance of some major changes (wit for kill) coming through in the next patch soon.
10-26-2012, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2012 01:36 PM by CombatEX.)
Interesting, the next page still didn't show up after I bumped the thread once and then Samura| posted? o.O Had to do a second post to get the first 3 posts on this page to show up >.<

Anyway, quenson's forfeit makes sense now. But, I like that the tournament is moving away from strictly turn number tiebreaker for the next round so that kind of thing won't have to happen (people just giving up because they can't win the game in X turns).

In fact, there's a good change the FTA fix will be live by the next round. Either way though, having the winner of the tiebreaker go first in a tiebreaker match is better than nothing regardless of whether the FTA fix is implemented.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-26-2012, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2012 04:32 PM by awpertunity.)
Yeah, how you guys doing in your matches on the left side of the bracket?! As noted above, the patch is going to be submitted soon and implemented within a week afterwards so please try to finish your games by Nov 1st!!

(10-26-2012 01:32 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Interesting, the next page still didn't show up after I bumped the thread once and then Samura| posted? o.O Had to do a second post to get the first 3 posts on this page to show up >.<

Yeah... it takes 3 new posts now instead of 2 to get the new page to show up... getting annoying lol
10-27-2012, 12:56 AM
My games with sakiehl are both going at about a move per day pace. We're pretty evenly matched so they could take some time to conclude...will see though! I guess all that matters is whichever game finishes in fewer turns.
10-28-2012, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2012 05:05 PM by alexch234.)
P1 cheryito
P2 alexch2
30 turns
winner: alexch2
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwZa7AQw
yeh this was a pretty tight match-its a good replay to watch i pretty much defended well after an early scare to win

[Image: sig.png]
10-28-2012, 08:47 PM
An update for our remaining game: turn 67. We are both playing adorables. Lately I've mostly been on defense.
10-29-2012, 05:16 AM
In strategicthinker's P1 game, it's pretty deadlocked. We're both Scallywags (I probably don't need to say more... but I will). There are 3+ bombshells on the map (sorry strategicthinker, not going to tell you how many I have =P) and not much has happened in the past 15 turns or so. Just moving units around on the front line with bombshells behind. The only redeeming factor is that one of the bombshells is in a slightly offensive position which forces some tension as each side hits with bombshell splash every turn. The game is at turn 40 and I couldn't say how much longer there is.

For my P1 games, strategicthinker says they keeps disappearing so we haven't managed to get a second game past turn 4...
10-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Ok, I can report that the match between GreatGonzales and sakiehl has concluded. Here are the details:

P1: sakiehl (A)
P2: GreatGonzales (S)
Winner: GreatGonzales
32 rounds
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y6aK-AQw

P1: GreatGonzales (A)
P2: sakiehl (S)
Winner: GreatGonzales
29 rounds
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YlYm9AQw

These were both good games, and it was nice that we did an exact mirror match with same combination of P1/P2 as the same teams. In sakiehl's P1 game, he made an early attack that failed against my bombshells...they are super good on this level as everyone knows. Then I successfully pivoted to an attack on his weak side after I got a unit count advantage.

In my P1 game, I mounted a mobi attack, using mobi as troop carrier...thought it was going to fail, but it didn't. I was fortunate to see that sakiehl had moved his bombshell to protect left, had I not destroyed his bombshell on that turn things may have turned out differently.

GGs sakiehl!
10-30-2012, 01:25 PM
(10-29-2012 05:16 AM)Szei Wrote:  In strategicthinker's P1 game, it's pretty deadlocked. We're both Scallywags (I probably don't need to say more... but I will). There are 3+ bombshells on the map (sorry strategicthinker, not going to tell you how many I have =P) and not much has happened in the past 15 turns or so. Just moving units around on the front line with bombshells behind. The only redeeming factor is that one of the bombshells is in a slightly offensive position which forces some tension as each side hits with bombshell splash every turn. The game is at turn 40 and I couldn't say how much longer there is.

For my P1 games, strategicthinker says they keeps disappearing so we haven't managed to get a second game past turn 4...

Have you guys still not started a second game? I've heard of this issue a little bit on the forums but haven't experienced it myself so really not sure what to say about it...

Especially with the other game deadlocked, if you guys can't finish at least your P1 game before everyone else reports I may have to disqualify him? What happens in these games? He times out and you win?