Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
08-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Handicaps
I has a suggestion!

For non-league games, it might be nice to be able to set handicaps to even the playing field if you are playing a friend who is new to the game. Things like setting the number of free wits each player gets on a turn, or restricting which units the more experienced player can use, or lowering/raising the base or unit health.

This could also be used as a solution to FTA if two experienced players want a friendly (and ultra fair) game.

Obviously the handicaps should be agreed upon before the game, maybe with a pop up saying "So-and-so has set the following rules - Do you agree?"

Anyway, something to think about. I would like to get a game going with my girlfriend but she's never played and I fear she will be discouraged since I'm playing at a fairly high level currently...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2012, 01:45 PM
RE: Handicaps
While I think your idea is good because any flexibility in play in friendly games would be great....why don't you just play easy on your g/f so she gets the hang of it?
08-24-2012, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2012 11:52 PM by sweetdiss.)
(08-24-2012 01:45 PM)Lutherj Wrote:  While I think your idea is good because any flexibility in play in friendly games would be great....why don't you just play easy on your g/f so she gets the hang of it?

Mostly because it would be more fun for both of us! If she had more wits or had the fog of war turned off or something like that, it'd be more of a challenge for me and I wouldn't have to "pretend". I could then treat it like a normal game and just try my hardest to win like usual, and she would stand a much better chance.
08-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Interesting idea. That WOULD possibly create a lot of UI clutter though.

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
08-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Its a good idea. I don't see a clutter problem with a fog of war toggle and a starting wits adjuster. It would make the game much more enjoyable than holding back your skills just to please your friend!