Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moral dilemma
08-23-2012, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2012 06:09 AM by anthoninja.)
Moral dilemma
So I'm deep into a match with my base on 4 health and my last turn was attacking my opponent's base down to 1. On his next turn, he doesn't move and messages me saying he accidently hit done and he'd understand either way if I either finished him off or hit done myself to give him his turn back.

My initial thought was this isn't fair so to just to give the turn back but then I thought, we would both have double the wits and he would be able to clear out my units, create new one's and move them in one move, killing my attack and giving him the advantage.

So I need help guys, what are you're thoughts on what you would do?? Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: Moral dilemma
Finish him off but leave him a nice chat message or something. Smile
You cannot know if they are tricking you, and even if they aren't you can't lock them to the 6-ish "normal" income they would have. It's their fault they misclicked so badly.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
08-23-2012, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2012 06:28 AM by Yipperpants.)
Talk to him about this and come to a compromise if you insist on it (and a little trust doesn't hurt if you can sneak a runner in later anways). But imho, it wasn't your mistake. I've lost more games to accidental deshelled bombshells than I'd like, but I don't really think it's fair to ask a redo.
08-23-2012, 06:40 AM
(08-23-2012 06:21 AM)Harti Wrote:  Finish him off

...then invite him to a friendly 'redeem thyself' match. I've had this happen to me, too.

Visit Outwitters, Analysis, and You! — an epic thread of Resource, Unit, and Map Analysis!
08-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Yeah I've lost games to misclicks too...I would just finish him. Part of the game
08-23-2012, 06:46 AM
I've had a winning game, and then lost the win due to mis-click attack instead of move. I mentioned it in chat, and the other guy resigned. That's integrity!
08-23-2012, 07:42 AM
(08-23-2012 06:46 AM)nivra0 Wrote:  I've had a winning game, and then lost the win due to mis-click attack instead of move. I mentioned it in chat, and the other guy resigned. That's integrity!

Wow, resigned?! That was good of him but I'd have let you finish of my base if you were going to win anyway. There's something about not being able to destroy a base that really gets to me! Angry

Thanks guys, this is the first time this has happened for or against me so wasn't sure of the correct etiquette. I'm gonna take most of the advice on here and take the win. If it's a part of the game, I'm sure it'll happen to me sometime soon... Undecided
08-23-2012, 08:44 AM
Speaking of endgame etiquette...

Visit Outwitters, Analysis, and You! — an epic thread of Resource, Unit, and Map Analysis!
08-23-2012, 08:53 AM
If I were clearly on the losing side of a battle, I would be happy to resign. Big Grin

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
08-23-2012, 12:10 PM
It depends on the opponent, too. I play a lot of the same people over and over, so most of my opponents I've already chatted with before and have some rapport with. We often discuss what worked or what didn't work, new opening moves, match turning points, etc. Against any of those guys I'd take them at their word and give them their deserved win.

Against a stranger? I guess it depends, but I'd probably trust them, check the replay for anything fishy in their new last move, and then publicly shame them if it turned out they were being tricksy. Wink