Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has chose race after random map assignment been talked about?
08-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Has chose race after random map assignment been talked about?
I find some races better suited to some maps than others, I accept random maps is fair (although SFI comes up a lot for me) but it would be nice to chose your race/team after the map has been chosen randomly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2012, 07:35 AM
RE: Has chose race after random map assignment been talked about?
I think that is exactly the reason we don't want it... Otherwise people would just be playing a specific race on specific maps, truly inhibiting the full experience you can get from the game.
08-29-2012, 08:03 AM
I think it would enhance the experience, allowing people to develop more specific tactics and remove some of the random element. A lot of Outwitters appeal to me is the lack of luck involved, it's a pure tactics game. Of course that is just my opinion, by the sound of your post this has been discussed and decided against by the majority.
I guess that's the problem with arriving late to the party Wink
08-29-2012, 08:29 AM
What would eventually happen is you'd get mirrored matchups on most maps. It's a lot more diverse the way it is now and fun (i.e., bombshell vs mobi strats and how different they are compared to bombshell vs scrambler strats. As opposed to just bombshell vs bombshell, mobi vs mobi, scrambler vs scrambler. That would become too stale I think).

I get what you're saying about the luck but I think with enough games the fun and challenge is to try to counter an attack you know is coming with what you have.
08-29-2012, 07:36 PM
This might actually be ok for friendly matches where it doesn't affect your score, but I don't think this should be introduced into league matches.

1v1 Gifted
2v2 Clever
Friendly matches if you want!
GC: Riftskipper
08-30-2012, 10:12 PM
In 2v2, the 3rd and 4th players know which map you are playing before choosing. The map is pictured on the invite.
08-30-2012, 10:49 PM
That's interesting and good to know.