Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report on Cheating in games
09-05-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: Report on Cheating in games
I found something so lucky opponent?? I started four new games and they are all against the same person and he is first player in all of them???? Just a coincidence?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2012, 11:53 PM
There were no pending matches around when he started his new matches, so he became the first player for all the matches he started at that point on. Then you came along, the game thought he'd be a good opponent for you, and each time you went to start a new match the game thought "hey! here's a good opponent for you!" Thus you claimed the P2 spot on that guy's 4 pending matches.

Here's hoping this gets addressed in the upcoming patch! Fingers crossed!
09-06-2012, 03:08 AM
Thats dumb it shouldnt be he is the first player always
09-07-2012, 02:47 AM
I tried this and it really works wow its really bad decision i think. Since 1p basically always wins and 2p always loses, so the main skill is how to stuff youself with 1p games lol. I thought this was strategy game but it become coinflip game
09-07-2012, 06:13 AM
In Hero Academy, when you start a game with a random opponent, the game doesn't actually start until your opponent joins. Once you've been linked with an opponent, the game randomly selects first player. That is the only way to do it , in my opinion.
09-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Good news guys!! They didn't change this in the patch, so we can still stuff the queue and be 1P almost every game. This is a good way to get an advantage over people who don't know so much.
09-07-2012, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2012 10:21 AM by vivafringe.)
Even better news, you can now pay $2.99 to queue dump even more games at the same time. This is a must buy purchase if you want to climb the leaderboards!
09-07-2012, 02:47 PM
You are correct. The replayer does make mistakes with his wit count but after going back and doing it by hand twice I verified it's ok. I already let the devs know and apologize for the error. Lesson learned. Do not rely on the replayer.

(08-26-2012 02:37 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(08-24-2012 03:32 PM)LOW100 Wrote:  I just encountered a cheater. Very subtle though, only boosted his Wits by 1 or 2 per turn. Cheater is brandonyaw. Game link is here:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YiLuTAQw

After reading Gustahls resonse, I did count every one of brandonyaw's turns and came to the same conclusion: brandonyaw didn't cheat. The OSN Browser Replay does some mistakes with the wit count in this game but counting manually reveals that there was no foul play involved.

On a different, but not unrelated topic: if brandonyaw really was cheating, do you think he would have lost?
09-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Hey guys how much do you recommend i wait before stuffing my queue? Im waiting for 10 free spaces but does that strike the right balance between number of 1p games and playing enough games?
09-08-2012, 11:08 AM
(09-07-2012 10:20 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Hey guys how much do you recommend i wait before stuffing my queue? Im waiting for 10 free spaces but does that strike the right balance between number of 1p games and playing enough games?

If you just keep on doing this you'll eventually get to a point that your opponents will be of a higher skill level than you and do this, so I don't recommend it. Personally I do 3-4 P1 games in a row to cancel out these players. I prefer playing against people of about my skill level, and that's the intention of the ranking system.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?