Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
FTA Bonus on Highlevel Games means nearly Autowin
08-27-2012, 02:23 PM
RE: FTA Bonus on Highlevel Games means nearly Autowin
Just had a thought that I wanted to share. Perhaps this has been proposed already, but what if OML adjusts the points/ranking system to account for whether the player was p1 or p2? For example, if you win as p1 you will get less points/rank increase than a win as p2, and vice versa for losses. This does not address the "fun" factor, but it may be the simplest solution to fta from a development perspective.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread, but lately I've been noticing my games where I'm P1 are a lot easier than my games as P2. I believe FTA is very real and adjustments should be made, but it's possible being P2 doesn't fit my current play style I suppose.
08-29-2012, 09:52 AM
(08-28-2012 11:16 PM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Didn't want to start a new thread, but lately I've been noticing my games where I'm P1 are a lot easier than my games as P2. I believe FTA is very real and adjustments should be made, but it's possible being P2 doesn't fit my current play style I suppose.

Starting with 5 less wits doesn't fir my current play style either. ;]
08-31-2012, 12:03 AM
Why do not begin player 2 with a health bonus ?
Not necessarily all units but for example on Glitch, player 2 could start with the soldier 4hp and heavy 5hp for a better defense.
Turn 2 start with an animation to show health power on these units (to show to news players that 4hp is not the real health of soldier).

It's just an idea Smile

[Image: supertitan.gif] Adorables Player [Image: supertitan.gif]
08-31-2012, 01:09 AM
Please don't automatically call me stupid or something for this, At the moment I'm gifted level and still climbing slowly, so I have no experience of top notch play. Just throwing this idea out to see if it would be viable, but feel free to completely to completely prove why this is wrong.

Nerf the move range of runners to 4. It doesn't sort out first turn advantage, but it would make it much easier to use the fog of war to you advantage as both players. As it is, it's really easy to sacrifice and exchange wits with a runner and gain vision of the enemy. Giving a player more freedom to use the fog of war would possibly increase the ability to ambush and counter enemies, both as player 1 and 2. Maybe in combination with P1 having 4 wits to start with. I love using runners as part of my strategy, and sorry if this sounds just plain daft ^^'

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
08-31-2012, 09:48 AM
I think nerfing runner movement/vision to 4 would make them a bad investment...I would probably have a straight soldier army if that were the case.
08-31-2012, 09:56 AM
What about giving directly more wits to the second player for his first turn?
10-19-2012, 11:47 AM
(08-27-2012 02:23 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Just had a thought that I wanted to share. Perhaps this has been proposed already, but what if OML adjusts the points/ranking system to account for whether the player was p1 or p2? For example, if you win as p1 you will get less points/rank increase than a win as p2, and vice versa for losses. This does not address the "fun" factor, but it may be the simplest solution to fta from a development perspective.

I agree with this one.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
10-22-2012, 12:59 PM
I agree with the topic title! It's not really an autowin, but I can't describe how large an advantage P1 has, especially if he knows what he's doing (which is usually the case in high level play).

Ever since I kept track of my records, the following are my stats (all against super-titans):
As P1, 30 wins, 5 losses
As P2, 16 wins, 17 losses

I suppose I could do a chi-square test here, but it is not too difficult to see how much easier it is to be P1.

I'm sure OML is already thinking of ways to reduce FTA (such as 8 wits to start with for P2), and I am really curious as to how this affects FTA. I wish I was in that beta...LOL Smile