Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upping game limit
08-16-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: Upping game limit
(08-16-2012 11:44 PM)calmon Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 11:30 PM)nivra0 Wrote:  PLease don't up the limit without addressing FTA somehow. I would hate to see someone pre queue 30 FTA games. Imagine how P2 feels having to start second 30 games in a row.

This!

We hate playing the same opponent in 20+ games as P2. Pls find a solution before increasing the limit.

I agree that sucks, but as a player in clever league I can't even move up in the leagues because I have so many inactive/slow games that winning however many games it takes to move up in ranks becomes very difficult
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2012, 12:31 AM
(08-16-2012 11:37 PM)MagElf Wrote:  
(08-16-2012 11:15 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  
(08-16-2012 09:45 PM)MagElf Wrote:  If two good players wants to earn points, then they have to play "fast", so that they can win more games / day.
This is a problem with the point system and not with player speed.

No, definitely No !

If player A is able to win 50 games in a week and player B only 20 games in a week, then it is a speed problem, because player A was able to play much more games, because his opponents were faster than the player B opponents.

There are ranking mechanics like the "bonus pool" concept which make it so a more active player does not necessarily automatically get more points than a less active player.
08-17-2012, 04:37 AM
(08-16-2012 11:37 PM)MagElf Wrote:  
(08-16-2012 11:15 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  
(08-16-2012 09:45 PM)MagElf Wrote:  If two good players wants to earn points, then they have to play "fast", so that they can win more games / day.
This is a problem with the point system and not with player speed.

No, definitely No !

If player A is able to win 50 games in a week and player B only 20 games in a week, then it is a speed problem, because player A was able to play much more games, because his opponents were faster than the player B opponents.

Under the current system, yes it is exactly as you describe and to get more points you have to play more games and faster opponents. (Because under the current system the points are mainly determined by the absolute number of wins, not how well you actually perform.) I don't argue with that.

My point is the system shouldn't promote this.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
08-17-2012, 03:55 PM
(08-17-2012 12:31 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  There are ranking mechanics like the "bonus pool" concept which make it so a more active player does not necessarily automatically get more points than a less active player.

can you explain the "bonus pool" a little bit? Sounds interesting