Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
Weekly Top 100 - 8/13/12
08-15-2012, 05:06 AM
RE: Top 100 Players
(08-14-2012 04:14 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Hey Adam, I'm curious of the raw number of players who have completed their 5 placement matches and been placed in a league. Do you have that number handy, or can you give us a ballpark? I'd like to put my rank in better context!

41875 players currently placed. Lots still in placement.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2012, 05:07 AM
(08-15-2012 02:25 AM)Hewitt Wrote:  Hey!

Could it be possible to be ahead of some of these guys in my Titan league and not be included in the list?

I don't understand how the ratings work definetely. I am second on my titan league, ahead of gonzales, Javaseed and yamosgani, and I am suddenly being matched up with fluffy and clever league players.

Could you please explain me the reason for these matchups Adam or Alex?

Thx
Hew

What is your gamecenter username so I can look into it. There are rare cases where you can get a pretty bad match, but it shouldn't be a common thing.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
08-15-2012, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 10:50 AM by Hewitt.)
Thanks for your quick answers guys.

My GC nick is hewitt_1000

Ty
Hew

PS btw I've trying toask this bu always forget: how many super titans are there in total and how many different super Titan leagues exist?
08-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Sick of not having any games to play waiting or P1 slots. Anyone on this list wanna play a few friendly games? Ok for one of us to resign to clear up slot room if we queue as P1.
08-17-2012, 05:46 AM
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but could you guys just give me an update on whether or not you have the 2v2 data to post top 100, and if you plan to post it anytime soon?
08-19-2012, 05:00 AM
As it was brought up in the last top 100 post, a lot of the players in the top 100 are MIA, and we tend to match up against the same 5-6 people all the time.

I just got matched up and finished a game with rank 46. joe 123951 (previously ranked 23)

He only has 11 league game wins. How is this possible? I chatted with him in-game and he confirmed that he only has won 11 league games and he barely plays the game. Furthermore, no offense to him, but he is clearly not a top 100 caliber player, but I won 16 points for beating him (not complaining! but there is definitely something wrong).

I also asked him if he was a beta tester and he was not. So again, how is this possible? Even going 11-0 off the bat should not put his hidden skill rating in the top 50...

Thoughts?
08-19-2012, 08:44 AM
(08-19-2012 05:00 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  As it was brought up in the last top 100 post, a lot of the players in the top 100 are MIA, and we tend to match up against the same 5-6 people all the time.

I just got matched up and finished a game with rank 46. joe 123951 (previously ranked 23)

He only has 11 league game wins. How is this possible? I chatted with him in-game and he confirmed that he only has won 11 league games and he barely plays the game. Furthermore, no offense to him, but he is clearly not a top 100 caliber player, but I won 16 points for beating him (not complaining! but there is definitely something wrong).

I also asked him if he was a beta tester and he was not. So again, how is this possible? Even going 11-0 off the bat should not put his hidden skill rating in the top 50...

Thoughts?

Really? There are 11-0 Supertitans still who even have top 100 MMR? And yet I have friends with 90%+ records with 30+ games played stuck in gifted who are still being matched with gifted -.-

What's going on? =P

I know there are probably some ST players who simply haven't played and as a result haven't been demoted after falsely placing in ST, but how can someone who has barely played be in the top 100 MMR? It's not because s/he's really good and Outwitters lets your MMR rise quickly because... well, we all know that it takes MANY MANY games to get your MMR up even if you have a nearly perfect win-rate. I wonder what's happening here.