Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No active games
08-15-2012, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2012 01:56 AM by Rachels2003.)
RE: No active games
Just wanted to add, I have this problem too. I have an Internet connection (tried on 3 different wifi connections and 3G). I have tried shutting the game down which used to work but not anymore. It lets me make new games until I have 20 games, but I can't see any of them. I can only play my first turn. I'm not too fussed about ranking but more concerned that it is annoying for my opponents to have to wait for me. I don't know what could cause this. I have an iPad 2 with the latest updates. All my other game centre games are working fine. I have just resorted to deleting the game and reinstalling from the app store. Still the same.
Update - my games are all showing but when I submit my move on any game there is an error. At least I can send messages to my opponents now to explain

Update 15th aug 07.31 bst - back to no active games now

17th aug yay now fixed
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2012, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 03:39 PM by MagElf.)
24 hours ago I become downgraded from Master-Tier to Gifted Tier. I was not able to see a game or play a game.

yesterday evening from one second to another I saw all my games (the few, which were not cancelled after so much days). I could play all games. Except one !

And this "one game" is a bit different than the other games. The opponent player's name is full of UTF8-characters which were not displayed in the game. Only in the list of games the name was visible. In that game I got an info from my opponent with "I can't send my turn - there is an error pressing OK". And now I could play my turn and on pressing OK I get the same error and cannot send my turn.

Maybe the UTF8-characters are problematic
by the way: This night after starting a new game I stuck in the same problem as the original problem.

No games are visible in the game-list !

So I had a little fun yesterday evening in my games, but that's it...

I hope, that there is a bugfix update out there in some days!
08-16-2012, 03:52 AM
I hope too, it was a funny game we could not finished Sad
08-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Since yesterday evening 6:00 PM I have active Games like two days ago. 6:00 looks not like random
08-17-2012, 06:52 PM
(08-16-2012 09:17 AM)MagElf Wrote:  Since yesterday evening 6:00 PM I have active Games like two days ago. 6:00 looks not like random

Oh that sounds very odd, but not completely ridiculous. Check to make sure your device has the correct time, date AND time zone (not sure if you can sync with the Internet or not).

I suggest this because it sounds like you might be "out of sync" with the servers, and they don't know how to send you games from tomorrow (or yesterday) or that your device won't display games with a time stamp from the future, or something.

Perhaps making sure you're in sync with the servers could help? I don't really know much about computers or servers, but I've heard things about being out-of-sync and how it can befuddle all kinds of "simple" tasks (like fetching/pushing).

———————————
Why is the rum gone?