Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No active games
08-13-2012, 04:02 PM
No active games
5 days ago I wrote here about the "No active games" bug and if there is a chance to do something against it.

The problem is still the same and today I saw in my profile, that I lost 100 points. Getting 100 points is hard work and loosing them without knowing why is hard too.

Re-Installing didn't work, the info "No active games" is still the same.

Anybody out there, who knows another trick, so that I have the chance to play a game?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: No active games
The no active games bug may be from lack of Internet connection.

As for losing points, do you mean not getting points when finishing a match? I have not heard of people randomly losing league points.
08-13-2012, 04:43 PM
If you can't load your games (such as the "no active games" screen seems to suggest, and you've not been able to play for a number of days, perhaps the games you were in we're automatically forfeited (as happens when four days of inactivity elapses). I suggest you check your iPad's connection to the internet, and if that seems to be fine, check your network (or perhaps ISP) to see if the Outwitters servers are blocked for whatever reason?

———————————
Why is the rum gone?
08-13-2012, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 04:49 PM by MagElf.)
(08-13-2012 04:38 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  The no active games bug may be from lack of Internet connection.

As for losing points, do you mean not getting points when finishing a match? I have not heard of people randomly losing league points.

you loose points after four days of inactivity.

"lack of Internet connection" cannot be my problem. I try it several times each day via 3G or wifi...

And the other parts of the App run perfect and get data. Like "Profile" or "Help"
(08-13-2012 04:43 PM)Jack•Sparrow Wrote:  ...I suggest you check your iPad's connection to the internet, and if that seems to be fine, check your network (or perhaps ISP) to see if the Outwitters servers are blocked for whatever reason?

I have connection to the outwitters-server! I see data on the "news"-page, fresh data on the profile-tab, ...
08-13-2012, 04:53 PM
(08-13-2012 04:47 PM)MagElf Wrote:  
(08-13-2012 04:38 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  The no active games bug may be from lack of Internet connection.

you loose points after four days of inactivity.

"lack of Internet connection" cannot be my problem. I try it several times each day via 3G or wifi...

And the other parts of the App run perfect and get data. Like "Profile" or "Help"

Given you first posted about this "5 days ago", it's likely that your games have been forfeited, and hence you might actually not have any games in your game list. I suggest you start a random (non-League) match or pass-n-play game, have a turn or two, then close the app and reopen to test it out.

Perhaps you have an Internet connection that is unstable and suffers from brief outages? I know that my own router is quite old, and I often lose connection when halfway through loading my games, which causes the game to crash or leaves me with "no active games" until I close the app completely.

———————————
Why is the rum gone?
08-13-2012, 05:46 PM
The "no active games" thing happens to me a lot too. I just restart the app though and it usually works out. (Note you have to actually close the app, not just go to your homescreen. On iPhone double click the home button from the home screen, Outwitters should be one of the 4 apps that appears on the bottom toolbar. Touch and hold any of the apps till they shake, then hit the "X" on Outwitters to close it)
08-13-2012, 09:33 PM
(08-13-2012 05:46 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  The "no active games" thing happens to me a lot too. I just restart the app though and it usually works out. (Note you have to actually close the app, not just go to your homescreen. On iPhone double click the home button from the home screen, Outwitters should be one of the 4 apps that appears on the bottom toolbar. Touch and hold any of the apps till they shake, then hit the "X" on Outwitters to close it)

that was my workaround in the last weeks and it worked well. Each day I did that a hald-dozen times. But 5 days ago this workaround stopped working. All kinds of re-start were tested by myself. No chance ... "no active games" is still the only message I see.
08-14-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi magelf,
Sorry about your problems.
I confirm he has an active game with me.
He has to play (5 days written)
08-14-2012, 03:39 PM
(08-14-2012 06:56 AM)L3R4T Wrote:  I confirm he has an active game with me.

This kind of thing makes me really happy; that the Outwitters community are so damn helpful to each other even in little ways!

———————————
Why is the rum gone?
08-14-2012, 03:40 PM
(08-14-2012 06:56 AM)L3R4T Wrote:  Hi magelf,
Sorry about your problems.
I confirm he has an active game with me.
He has to play (5 days written)

It's to bad, that we cannot play the game to the end...