Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*nearly* unstoppable
08-11-2012, 06:17 PM
*nearly* unstoppable
The true feeling of "I just got owned"

so, has anyone else been rushed like this? I felt that I responded correspondingly, but I still lost...(I know that there is a thread buried on sharing your replay for help, but to me I think this rush is an issue)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: *nearly* unstoppable
Wouldnt an extra runner to block stop the top rush instead of sending a soldier?
08-11-2012, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 07:22 PM by Gustahl.)
(08-11-2012 06:54 PM)mable-ghaban Wrote:  Wouldnt an extra runner to block stop the top rush instead of sending a soldier?

Yeah, exactly. That extra runner would be very effective in stopping that rush. Another method would have been to move your heavy up and let the soldier take the wit-spot.

Actually, there is an even more aggresive version of that rush that would have killed your base even earlier, but, again, it is stoppable.
08-11-2012, 09:51 PM
They are going to be modifying the map to make that rush less severe. The idea they said they had in mind was to move that starting soldier one space further from the back door.
08-11-2012, 10:05 PM
But is that rush actually the best strategy? Is it always giving p1 a much better position assuming correct play by p2?

If not, is it really worth changing starting position of the map?
08-11-2012, 10:58 PM
You might be interested in this thread, where rushes like this are discussed and analyzed. It also shows some of the more ugly variations of foundry rushes.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
08-12-2012, 07:22 AM
(08-11-2012 10:58 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  You might be interested in this thread, where rushes like this are discussed and analyzed. It also shows some of the more ugly variations of foundry rushes.

Thanks! I played around by myself on foundry after seeing this thread and it helped alot.