Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Low League Points for Big Victories Question
08-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Low League Points for Big Victories Question
I don't understand why when I beat the #1 person is a league who has over 2,000 points, I only earn 10 points for beating him. I have 427 pts, so I think I should have earned a lot more for beating the top dog.

I also just beat a guy with over 1,000 pts, Ranked #7, and I only earned 9 pts.

Then when someone with a similar rank to me beats me, they get 20 league points.

This does not seem fair. I thought you are supposed to get more league points for beating great/top players and fewer points for beating average or bad players.

Can someone please explain this to me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2012, 12:00 AM
RE: Low League Points for Big Victories Question
I think this is because the awarded points is determined by your opponent's overall ranking, which is not publicly disclosed. The point total is more a function of play activity, not necessarily skill.
08-10-2012, 12:13 AM
But I have to believe the guy ranked #1 in a particular league with over 100 victories must be higher in overall ranking than a guy ranked #36 in the same division. So, I figure that I should get more points for beating the #1 guy in a division, and fewer points for beating the #36 guy in the same division.
08-10-2012, 12:19 AM
(08-10-2012 12:13 AM)billwake Wrote:  But I have to believe the guy ranked #1 in a particular league with over 100 victories must be higher in overall ranking than a guy ranked #36 in the same division. So, I figure that I should get more points for beating the #1 guy in a division, and fewer points for beating the #36 guy in the same division.

No, not true. If someone racks up a bunch of points in fluffy league and them eventually moves up to gifted, they'll probably be at the top of their league, but still be worse than someone in the middle who had been on gifted all along.
08-10-2012, 02:14 AM
If you are 100-12 and you are playing someone who is 300-70, your opponent might very well have many more points than you but the system could decide that he is the underdog based on win percentage.

Especially if 250 of his wins are against fluffy league opponents.
08-10-2012, 03:58 AM
I got yesterday 12 points against a #1 Master league with 250 victories and around 1900 points...so yep, it has definitely nothing to do with the rank in the league. I just guess, how many games do you have to play to have 250 wins and still such a low skill-rate?
08-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Can we just have one thread that addresses this issue and brainstorms a solution?
12-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Its an old thread, but something I've been wondering about recently as it seems I'm getting fewer and fewer points for a win and getting docked more and more points for every loss. Sometimes I'll lose more points in a single loss than I've gained in 3 wins.

Does it have anything to do with repeat wins against the same people? Would love to hear a bit more about how points are determined and maybe for that matter how overall ranking is determined.

Anyone?
12-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Basically it means you are too awesome Tongue

12-08-2012, 08:00 AM
The point system was sneakily changed in the last patch; overall no matter how good you were you would overall gain 3 points over 2 games: a win and a loss (as speculated when 2 evenly matched players resulted in one losing 12 and the other gaining 18) Now the new system should balance this out over time to be more realistic a representation. We'll see when the next season comes along.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?