Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ranking Nonsense - Living in Parallel Universes
08-06-2012, 10:28 AM
RE: Ranking Nonsense - Living in Parallel Universes
For what it's worth, I'm a fan of the 1-100 ranking system over a worldwide system.

It definitely gives more meaning to my games - it's something like a local league of sorts - see where you stand in this local division type thing, which allows more room for success because you're competing against less people, and being in the top 10 out of 100 is still a neat achievement.

It's more like a traditional local sports league and I like it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2012, 12:29 PM
RE: Ranking Nonsense - Living in Parallel Universes
I also agree that the system is not very satisfying. If there had been ways to make sure more match-ups are within the league (and even having the league consist of players from similar timezone or location) it might make it more satisfying.

Right now, I'm playing 20 games with people not in my league and getting points to compete with players within the league.

And, if the points should be meaningful, they should be given to the players independently of their own rank, and only as a function of the opponents'. I.e. a win against a ST is always +32 points and against a Master +16 points, whether you are a Fluffy or a ST. This would give players with high skill ratings and low points a chance to work themselves up the system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply