Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Waiting for opponents" for more than 24 hours in 6 games
08-05-2012, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 11:57 AM by wonderpug.)
RE: "Waiting for opponents" for more than 24 hours in 6 games
Just to give you some datapoints, I start new matches almost every day, and at worst I think I have to wait an hour or so for an opponent. Maybe longer sometimes, but usually shorter.

I'm #94 in the top 100, and I get a ton of matches with people #60-100 in the top 100, plenty of players who aren't in the top 100 (they're good though, so they very well could be in the #100-200s).

I very occasionally play people in the #30-40 range, but I don't think I've seen anyone higher than that. So I'm guessing you're right and the algorithm really wants to keep you matched against the tip top of the list.

Even though I know points aren't what's used for matchmaking, it's still a bit weird that I have yet to see you or alvendor, given that we're in the same division. : ) You two look like you're edging closer to ousting me and blue off the podium soon, though. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Waiting for opponents" for more than 24 hours in 6 games - wonderpug - 08-05-2012 08:51 AM