Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Waiting for opponents" for more than 24 hours in 6 games
08-05-2012, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 08:29 AM by calmon.)
"Waiting for opponents" for more than 24 hours in 6 games
Anybody else with problems like this?

It started few days ago my opponents was nearly always the same and the waiting time increases extreme.

In moment I've 6 slots in queue with "waiting for opponents" and this for more than 24 hours!

I really don't believe nobody in super titan league started a game for 24 hours so I fear the match making only matches me with the absolute top of the top100 list.

If this is true it definitly needs tweeks asap. Otherwise I stop playing! Not beause I want but because I don't find opponents which seems stupid Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2012, 08:27 AM
RE: "Waiting for opponents" for more than 24 hours in 6 games
It's probably worse than that. I just started a couple that are also searching, so you must be out of range of me. Take into account the people who aren't playing anymore, you probably are limited to 10 or 15 players.
08-05-2012, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 08:46 AM by calmon.)
Oh well when I not even matched vs 25th of this list its really problematic!

Can a dev look into this and give a comment whats going on. Why is the queue not matching me vs. other players after some time?
The games say "Waiting for more...".

If somebody would matched with me I would see his name even he didn't do his turns, right?
08-05-2012, 08:50 AM
I was ranked 13th on that list and the lowest opponent I've played recently was 34th.

Soldier spam FTW
08-05-2012, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 11:57 AM by wonderpug.)
Just to give you some datapoints, I start new matches almost every day, and at worst I think I have to wait an hour or so for an opponent. Maybe longer sometimes, but usually shorter.

I'm #94 in the top 100, and I get a ton of matches with people #60-100 in the top 100, plenty of players who aren't in the top 100 (they're good though, so they very well could be in the #100-200s).

I very occasionally play people in the #30-40 range, but I don't think I've seen anyone higher than that. So I'm guessing you're right and the algorithm really wants to keep you matched against the tip top of the list.

Even though I know points aren't what's used for matchmaking, it's still a bit weird that I have yet to see you or alvendor, given that we're in the same division. : ) You two look like you're edging closer to ousting me and blue off the podium soon, though. Smile
08-05-2012, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 09:20 AM by calmon.)
Is it possible that "waiting for more..." is also possible when I have an opponent but he still didn't do his turn?

I assume in this case I would see his name at least, right?
08-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure a name shows up even before they submit their first move.
08-05-2012, 09:54 AM
You see their name before they submit their first turn, yes. (Assuming you refresh your list of matches at the right time, of course.)

When I'm trying to start a number of matches in a row, I'll scroll down and check if I've got partners on my initiated matches, so I can avoid having a bunch of open matches at once and a high chance of getting the same opponent on all of them.
08-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Just an update: 1 waiting game was taken now by ReggaeKing. The one I already play in 6 running games!

5 are still open "waiting for More" more than 36 hours now! I could add additional games in the queue but I don't see much sense in it.

I'll open a new thread about the whole ranking issue soon. ReggaeKing is a good player but he has only 284 points and so is far behind in the 'official league ranking'! How should he ever make points if he is stuck on the very top of this top100 list relevant for matchmaking and only get matchups against me?

If he is that good like the top100 list says (and he is good!) the official ranking should reflect this!

The points make the ranking and we have matchmaking NOT based on this points AND when a player like ReggaeKing (with his 284 points) wins against someone with 1.500 points he even get only a fraction of points when this player is far behind him in this top100 list. All in all completely disappointing state.
08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Just got paired against p1noyboypj in a league match. I'm so dead. I guess this means that you can get matches against lower ranked players since I'm only in Gifted...maybe the system gave up searching for a worthy opponent and picked up a random available guy...

1v1 Gifted
2v2 Clever
Friendly matches if you want!
GC: Riftskipper