Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Huge first turn advantage on foundry. Basically unbeatable.
09-07-2012, 06:06 PM
RE: Huge first turn advantage on foundry. Basically unbeatable.
Just watch if your opponent takes the bonus space, and all shall be cool...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2012, 12:34 AM
There won't be that sort of rush anymore as the patch updcate came today.

Game Center ID : 27 Pastore.
1v1 : Gifted
I'm up for friendly games to get better Tongue
09-20-2012, 02:27 PM
I'd just like to complain a bit...the FTA problem remains an issue for Outwitters, particularly at high level play. I haven't looked at any data, but I wouldn't be surprised if people win as p1 80% of the time. This issue might be tolerable if everyone goes first equally...but that doesn't seem to be the case. At least not for me: I've gone first in just 2 of the last 10 games I've started, and that's over a span of several weeks (I didn't start them all at once so as to avoid FTA stackers...). Anyway, it's just frustrating for me, since I would like to increase my rank, but it's not fair if I don't get to go first most of the time.
09-20-2012, 03:11 PM
(09-20-2012 02:27 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I'd just like to complain a bit...the FTA problem remains an issue for Outwitters, particularly at high level play. I haven't looked at any data, but I wouldn't be surprised if people win as p1 80% of the time. This issue might be tolerable if everyone goes first equally...but that doesn't seem to be the case. At least not for me: I've gone first in just 2 of the last 10 games I've started, and that's over a span of several weeks (I didn't start them all at once so as to avoid FTA stackers...). Anyway, it's just frustrating for me, since I would like to increase my rank, but it's not fair if I don't get to go first most of the time.

I feel the same way. Have had to start as p2 like 90% of the time. The game isn't as fun when you always have to start in a worse position than your opponent. I am fine with the fact that it is disadvantages to play as p2 as long as I would get the chance to play as p1 50% of the time.

C'mon Adam and Alex! This should be an easy fix.
09-20-2012, 04:37 PM
(09-20-2012 02:27 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I'd just like to complain a bit...the FTA problem remains an issue for Outwitters, particularly at high level play. I haven't looked at any data, but I wouldn't be surprised if people win as p1 80% of the time. This issue might be tolerable if everyone goes first equally...but that doesn't seem to be the case. At least not for me: I've gone first in just 2 of the last 10 games I've started, and that's over a span of several weeks (I didn't start them all at once so as to avoid FTA stackers...). Anyway, it's just frustrating for me, since I would like to increase my rank, but it's not fair if I don't get to go first most of the time.
I think not starting all at once is your problem. I always start 5 or 6 games at a time in order to keep it equal. Usually the first 2 or 3 will be P2 and the rest P1. I never start more than 3 as P1 because I know how annoying it can be to others. Having said that, I too would like to suggest that they please put a random FTA system in place.
09-20-2012, 07:21 PM
How about fixing it so there isnt a FTA in the first place? Or is that illegal in new york or wherever this is based
09-20-2012, 07:34 PM
(09-20-2012 07:21 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  How about fixing it so there isnt a FTA in the first place? Or is that illegal in new york or wherever this is based

If you have the solution on how to do that we'd love to hear it.
09-20-2012, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2012 08:59 PM by garcia1000.)
1p starts with 3 wit done.
The nirvana fallacy is where you reject an improvement, because it is not the best possible solution.
09-20-2012, 09:06 PM
There would still be FTA, especially on smaller maps. P1 can grab the wit space and scout in 3 wits. P2 will still have to use at least 2 wits to notice and take down the scout, and in the meantime P1 is gathering useful information. P1 could also produce a soldier ahead of P2 instead of scouting.

On large maps this can cause problems as well.

P1:
Wit space grabbing (2 wits gone)
Now either save/spawn a runner.

P2:
Wit space grabbing (2 wits gone)
Spawn a runner or soldier and scout/build up defences/start rush.

So now P2 has an advantage over P1.

1v1 Gifted
2v2 Clever
Friendly matches if you want!
GC: Riftskipper
09-20-2012, 10:34 PM
P2 advantage would be better than P1 advantage, right? It'd get rid of P1 stacking, yeah?