Poll: Do YOU have questions about specials?
I feel like I can effectively use specials
I rarely use specials effectively
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Specials Guide?
08-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Specials Guide?
Working my way up through Gifted steadily, but I know it's only a matter of time before I have to up my game for Masters!

So, after reading through the tips for new players I'm still at the stage where it is never worth it to buy a special. Is this really the case in the early leagues, or do I just not know how to use them?

Either way, someone should supplement one of the sticky threads with a description of the best ways to use the specials and maybe suggestions on how to bank wits... I only find myself with enough to thnk about getting a special once I've snagged an opponent's bonus wit but by then I'm basically all over them with my regular units anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2012, 02:28 PM
RE: Specials Guide?
Check out the super Titan replays, and see how to efficiently use wits and also good use of specials. Pay attention to the turns before the special comes out, the circumstances, the setup. Also note that even among sts some special units just clunk, it's a part of the game. But adding special unit usage to your game will increase your skill dramatically.
08-04-2012, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 05:33 PM by whoTookYoste?!.)
RE: Specials Guide?
Im inbetween; So far I've rarely used them but lately I've been using them more to become comfortable with them. I wouldnt say I use them "efficiently" but I've been able to put them to use to help win a game or two.

At the same time, i just lost a match due to recklessly using mobi on Shark Food.