Poll: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
Yes - a lot
Yes - a little
No, never
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Have you ever played Hero Academy?
08-15-2012, 05:37 PM
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
(08-14-2012 10:21 AM)stevewastaken Wrote:  I actually quit HA because of TF2. Sure HA was getting a little old, and Outwitters was about to come out, but it was the announcement of the TF2 team that really drove me away. It completely destroys the world of the game. Gameplay is not just balance and stats. It's the player's experience with a game. This includes other elements, like artwork, and world immersion. For me, the gameplay was irreparably damaged.

I agree completely. Just when I was starting to warm up to HA the TF2 team comes in to completely ruin the aesthetic... which was one of the main selling points for me over Outwitters. Though I've come to terms with the Adorables, I initially found them disagreeable to me in a war game coming from things like AoE, SC2, WC3, etc. I'd still prefer them to have a more serious skin, but it's okay because while the Adorables are considered a 'joke' team (as OML put it in one of their posts), at least the Feedback and Scallywags don't take themselves too seriously either. As a result the Adorables don't really break the aesthetic in Outwitters - I just prefer the HA aesthetic. However now it's ruined with the TF2 team =/

All that aside I prefer Outwitter's gameplay anyway as I like having full control over my unit production. So in other words, the TF2 team alone isn't stopping me from playing HA, but rather is the final straw that pushes me away from it.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy? - CombatEX - 08-15-2012 05:37 PM