Poll: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
Yes - a lot
Yes - a little
No, never
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Have you ever played Hero Academy?
08-14-2012, 12:12 PM
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
(08-14-2012 10:21 AM)stevewastaken Wrote:  I actually quit HA because of TF2. Sure HA was getting a little old, and Outwitters was about to come out, but it was the announcement of the TF2 team that really drove me away. It completely destroys the world of the game. Gameplay is not just balance and stats. It's the player's experience with a game. This includes other elements, like artwork, and world immersion. For me, the gameplay was irreparably damaged.

I just can't wrap my head around that line of thought. If the game is fun, why is a new skin so detrimental? I understand if you're frustrated over the whole Steam issue, but I just fail to see how a new skin can ruin a game for you. It's not as if there's some deep back story, or any story for that matter. Maybe if it was an RPG I could relate. If people quit playing WoW because a Star Wars team was introduced, I'd get that. The way I see it, quitting HA because of TF2, is analogous to quitting Chess because the pieces were blue and red instead of black and white. Outwitters has teddy bears, robots, and walking sea creatures. How do you justify that? I am just truly baffled. Please enlighten me.

P.S. So far the TF2 team sucks. I haven't played HA since Outwitters launched, so it's possible I'm just rusty. I'm playing a friend of mine that I normally beat 9/10. I'm using the TF2 team against each of the other teams and I can't get close in any of them. Way too squishy and the sniper is useless unless he's on a sword tile, medic boosted, and an opponent dumb enough to stand in his row. I must say though, they are fun to lose with.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy? - worldfamous - 08-14-2012 12:12 PM