Poll: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
Yes - a lot
Yes - a little
No, never
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Have you ever played Hero Academy?
08-06-2012, 11:27 PM
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
(08-06-2012 11:09 PM)Anyr Wrote:  Likewise, I'd very much like to see this problem removed from Outwitters as well. I'll often scout ahead and catch a glimpse of (say) a sniper in a crucial position, only for the scout to be immediately killed. On the next turn, I'd naturally want to use this information to my advantage; Unfortunately, that next turn might come several hours later amidst a torrent of other matches, by which time I'll have completely forgotten about the scout's discovery. It would be great if the game displayed the last known positions of enemy units in 'foggy' areas, rather than leaving such things to the player's memory.

That's the replays purpose - displaying last known positions of units in the Fog of War is tricky. Say you discovered a Soldier at some position on turn 39 - your enemy destroys your Runner on turn 40 (the discovered Soldier and the unit send to destroy the Runner will now be displayed in the Fog somehow to mark their last known position) - on turn 41, you move a Soldier in the direction of the Runner, you discover an enemy Soldier, is it the same Soldier you discovered before or is it a new one? The game knows the answer to that question but it should never tell you this in any way.
I think the replay functionality is way better than to display shadows of units in the Fog of War. These shadows can become quite confusing as well once they pile up.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy? - Kamikaze28 - 08-06-2012 11:27 PM