Poll: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
Yes - a lot
Yes - a little
No, never
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Have you ever played Hero Academy?
08-06-2012, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 08:21 PM by Cookie.)
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
(08-06-2012 07:34 PM)Anyr Wrote:  What aspects of the gameplay strike you as lacking? As someone who's been playing a lot of both games lately, I'm quite interested in detailed comparisons between the two.

I wouldn't say lacking, but I found the movement mechanics of HA rather frustrating, and the system where units have different strength depending on what type of unit it is facing makes the learning curve for the units a bit steeper. The puzzles give a pretty good idea of how this mechanic works, but to me it still didn't make a lot of sense.

This does not mean that the game is not well designed or that it is not balanced; I consider it more to be a matter of taste.

And, I think the fog-of-war mechanic is a big bonus in Outwitters as well. Without that mechanic, Outwitters would not work, since a lot of advanced strategies rely on hiding snipers or specials, including setting up blocks that make it harder for the opponent to know what you are doing. HA might work anyway, but it requires more time to understand how the units move and attack.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy? - Cookie - 08-06-2012 08:21 PM