Poll: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
Yes - a lot
Yes - a little
No, never
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Have you ever played Hero Academy?
08-04-2012, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 11:30 PM by wonderpug.)
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
(08-04-2012 01:34 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(08-04-2012 12:42 PM)saikyo Wrote:  Hero Academy is lame in my opinion. I tried it. Spamming all your moves into 1 unit is pretty cheap.

I think a better game, and a better comparison to Outwitters, is UNIWAR.

What does "spamming all your moves into one unit" mean? You must not have played it much. I can't imagine anyone giving it a few plays and not liking it. I didn't even realize how deep the math went until they added the puzzle mode. I had to try the final challenges 20 times before I got the right formula.

Being used to strategy games with mechanics like Advance Wars and the like, the HA ability to move a single unit multiple times really threw me off at first, and seemed imbalanced. As I got better, though, it became clear that it's balanced just fine around the mechanic. It's a defining feature of HA gameplay that sets it apart, not a flaw or an imbalance.

I whole heartily agree, thou, that HA would be 10 times better with skill-based matchmaking and replays like Outwitters has. Hopefully the developers start trying to one up each other with feature improvements so we can benefit from the competition. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy? - wonderpug - 08-04-2012 11:30 PM