Poll: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
Yes - a lot
Yes - a little
No, never
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Have you ever played Hero Academy?
08-03-2012, 07:38 AM
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
(08-03-2012 07:21 AM)NathanDetr0it Wrote:  I'd also be curious to hear an argument in favor of including an "undo button" in a competitive multiplayer game, which greatly reduces the pressure that accompanies any deployment of strategic thinking to a useful end in the real world. I understand if that is not a super compelling selling point for everyone.

I'm actually surprised to hear so much negative feedback with regard to the undo button. On the contrary, I think this is one of the nicest features of Hero Academy. High level play requires a lot of math, so in lieu of forcing players to decide all 5 actions ahead of time by calculating ALL possibilities, the game allows players to experiment with different deployment options and settle on the best one. Definitely more user friendly than the alternative. Compare this to chess, when I play chess I often will take a piece and move it to a space just so I can visualize the move, but then realize that it is a bad move and I return the piece to its original space. This is the same with Hero Academy. I do not think the undo button diminishes the level of strategic depth; I think it enhances it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy? - GreatGonzales - 08-03-2012 07:38 AM