Poll: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
Yes - a lot
Yes - a little
No, never
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Have you ever played Hero Academy?
08-03-2012, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 06:19 AM by worldfamous.)
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
(08-03-2012 03:54 AM)swimj Wrote:  Downloaded it once, found the tutorial too annoying, never played afterwards. Now that I have outwitters I don't feel a pull to try it again and risk another time drain.
You really need to give it another shot. I love Outwitters but Hero Academy, IMO, is the best game on iOS. I put it in my top 10 of all games, all time, across all platforms. It is truly brilliant. I'm really excited about the new Team Fortress 2 team.

(08-03-2012 05:15 AM)TeckChavez Wrote:  Comic Sans cracked me up Smile

The trial and error before submit is a bit odd but at least it is even because both players can do it.
I am always the dark elves and can usually counter any other team even when I get crap items to start so I think it is balanced fairly well. I am interested to see when it moves to Steam because I think they are going to have a TF2 team introduced which might be neat.

That being said, I stopped having 20+ games going on at once with Hero Academy and my time suck is now Outwitters and I am always at the 20 cap. Having the leagues, rankings and more challenging players makes it a bit more fun for me.
The TF2 team looks very cool.

(08-03-2012 05:03 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(08-03-2012 04:58 AM)Syvan Wrote:  Also, it seemed like anytime I faced the horde I lost. I really disliked the ability that could move my units around. Seriously not cool.

I also do not like the Tribe. I think the game was better before they were introduced.
(08-03-2012 04:58 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  The other forums have less traffic because they have fewer threads and posts and they have fewer threads and posts because they have fewer traffic (according to you) - see where the cat bites its own tail?
I still feel this thread would be better placed in the Poppycock sub-forum.

Don't you think that a much bigger factor determining the level of traffic in Poppycock is that the majority of people visiting this forum are here to talk about Outwitters or Tilt-to-Live? Thus, why do they need to visit Poppycock. In any case, I am merely interested in getting the maximum participation in my poll. Further, my interest is in what percentage of Outwitters players are also Hero Academy players, so there is good reason to put it here.
Agree. I wouldn't have seen your poll in Poppycock.

(08-03-2012 04:58 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(08-03-2012 04:09 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(08-03-2012 03:56 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  I would encourage you to delete this thread and recreate it in the Poppycock forum which is meant for things that are neither related to Outwitters nor to Tilt to Live.

I prefer to let it go the way of the dodo. Also other forums do not get nearly as much traffic as this one, which defeats the purpose of a poll.

The other forums have less traffic because they have fewer threads and posts and they have fewer threads and posts because they have fewer traffic (according to you) - see where the cat bites its own tail?
I still feel this thread would be better placed in the Poppycock sub-forum.

I have played Hero Academy only for a very short while. A short list of the reasons for me leaving Hero Academy:
  • I disliked the luck of the draw game mechanic around which everything else revolves.
  • I disliked the mandatory brute force "try before you commit"-nature of the game with all the available damage modifiers.
  • Most importantly: the german translation was just bad. Not that the grammar didn't check out, but many texts like unit descriptions were displayed incompletely - which is kind of a game breaker if you play against a race you haven't seen before with units whose mechanic you can only partially comprehend until they smash your face in.
  • Comic Sans.
  • I disliked the monetization model.
I disagree on every point, except the German translation. If I were to make a list of HA strengths, I would list all of the reasons you dislike it. Really curious about why you don't like the monetization model? It's an amazing game even if you only use the free team and then $1.99 per team after that. I think Outwitters has outdone them with the $2.99 for all teams option, but it's still an outstanding monetization model in my opinion. If you're talking about the $ for colors and profile pics, I guess I agree, but there's no reason to buy them (though I did, as I like to support great developers). I think we're all spoiled. Most people forget, before iOS, we were paying $30-$60 per game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy? - worldfamous - 08-03-2012 05:51 AM