Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of ideas
08-02-2012, 08:34 AM
A couple of ideas
Hi this is my first post so I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this but I have a couple of ideas on my mind.

1) when u have 20 games going sometimes I want to play my opponents differently but I accidently mix up my strategies because I forgot how I want to play who! Is it possible to create a notes section where you can right down what you Plan to do against your opponent:

2) is it possible to show the map in like a loading screen before we pick our characters. Some characters fit better for a specific map.

3) A official in game tournament between divisions in the same league. Ok so I don't knapp how many divisions there are per league but let's say there 4 per league so there's 4 sides to a bracket. The bracket would look like a 128 team tournament with each division having its own side. The top 32 teams for division would qualify with a 1v32 2v31 etc. and to make sure the tournament gets done within a week or two they can place a time limit between turns like 1 hours with a max amount of time to finish a game is let's say 24 hours maybe. Idk that's just an example on time. The winner would recieve may e like 200 points or something special.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2012, 09:08 AM
RE: A couple of ideas
(08-02-2012 08:34 AM)alty1443 Wrote:  Hi this is my first post so I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this but I have a couple of ideas on my mind.
Welcome to the forums!

(08-02-2012 08:34 AM)alty1443 Wrote:  1) when u have 20 games going sometimes I want to play my opponents differently but I accidently mix up my strategies because I forgot how I want to play who! Is it possible to create a notes section where you can right down what you Plan to do against your opponent:
I know this is not much of a consolation, but you can always watch the replay of a running game to get back into the picture. I'm not sure a textual notepad for each game is the best way to handle this. Another approach would be to plot future moves and have them overlaid on the map, with transparent units for example.
This is something for down the road.

(08-02-2012 08:34 AM)alty1443 Wrote:  2) is it possible to show the map in like a loading screen before we pick our characters. Some characters fit better for a specific map.
First and foremost, the loading times aren't that long so any work on loading screens will end up as a fleeting image. Secondly, I don't see the point of your suggestion: in league games, you have no choice of map and you are in no rush to do your first turn. In friendly games and pass'n'play you pick your team and then the map - how would a map-themed loading screen be helpful in any of these two scenarios?

(08-02-2012 08:34 AM)alty1443 Wrote:  3) A official in game tournament between divisions in the same league. Ok so I don't knapp how many divisions there are per league but let's say there 4 per league so there's 4 sides to a bracket. The bracket would look like a 128 team tournament with each division having its own side. The top 32 teams for division would qualify with a 1v32 2v31 etc. and to make sure the tournament gets done within a week or two they can place a time limit between turns like 1 hours with a max amount of time to finish a game is let's say 24 hours maybe. Idk that's just an example on time. The winner would recieve may e like 200 points or something special.
This has been mentioned on several occasions. A community run tournament is currently underway and OML is even sponsoring an iTunes Gift Card as 1st price. The possibilities for these kinds of tournaments are seemingly endless and there are bound to be more of them in the future. If there will ever be in game support or OML-run tournaments is a question for way down the line.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2012, 09:19 AM
(08-02-2012 09:08 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(08-02-2012 08:34 AM)alty1443 Wrote:  Hi this is my first post so I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this but I have a couple of ideas on my mind.
Welcome to the forums!

(08-02-2012 08:34 AM)alty1443 Wrote:  1) when u have 20 games going sometimes I want to play my opponents differently but I accidently mix up my strategies because I forgot how I want to play who! Is it possible to create a notes section where you can right down what you Plan to do against your opponent:
I know this is not much of a consolation, but you can always watch the replay of a running game to get back into the picture. I'm not sure a textual notepad for each game is the best way to handle this. Another approach would be to plot future moves and have them overlaid on the map, with transparent units for example.
This is something for down the road.

(08-02-2012 08:34 AM)alty1443 Wrote:  2) is it possible to show the map in like a loading screen before we pick our characters. Some characters fit better for a specific map.
First and foremost, the loading times aren't that long so any work on loading screens will end up as a fleeting image. Secondly, I don't see the point of your suggestion: in league games, you have no choice of map and you are in no rush to do your first turn. In friendly games and pass'n'play you pick your team and then the map - how would a map-themed loading screen be helpful in any of these two scenarios?

(08-02-2012 08:34 AM)alty1443 Wrote:  3) A official in game tournament between divisions in the same league. Ok so I don't knapp how many divisions there are per league but let's say there 4 per league so there's 4 sides to a bracket. The bracket would look like a 128 team tournament with each division having its own side. The top 32 teams for division would qualify with a 1v32 2v31 etc. and to make sure the tournament gets done within a week or two they can place a time limit between turns like 1 hours with a max amount of time to finish a game is let's say 24 hours maybe. Idk that's just an example on time. The winner would recieve may e like 200 points or something special.
This has been mentioned on several occasions. A community run tournament is currently underway and OML is even sponsoring an iTunes Gift Card as 1st price. The possibilities for these kinds of tournaments are seemingly endless and there are bound to be more of them in the future. If there will ever be in game support or OML-run tournaments is a question for way down the line.

Regarding the map, on places like shark tooth island that are very small some characters like the special on adorables don't really suit my strategy on that map. I guess why I'm saying is that some maps play easier to certain characters. I would like to see the random map before picking my character
08-02-2012, 09:36 AM
If you saw the map before you began play then you would lose part of the randomness. I think this way you are forced to be comfortable with different playing strategies and have a fuller experience of the game.
08-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Character before map is by design I would guess.

I love your idea about in-game smaller-time-lock tournaments, would be super sweet! Probably not going to show up for awhile, if ever, because of the work involved to create that whole new game mode... especially when tournaments can be run here on the forums by the users. But I love the idea and hope to see it eventually!