Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Weekly Top 100 - 8/01/12
08-02-2012, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 12:02 PM by wonderpug.)
RE: Absolute Top 100 Players
They've already said it's difficult to pull large amounts of data, let alone all the data. I think pulling the top 100 was something in their ability to do without delaying the numerous numerous other things on their to-do list. It was also done in response to a forumer request, a request to just pull the top 50. Seems like them being good developers to me, rather than evil secret-hoarding ones.

You are aware this isn't a giant gaming corporation making this game, right? It's two guys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Not to be greedy or anything, but I would like to see the top 100 2v2 partners and 2v2 randoms also. I know you are busy and have numerous important things to do, so no rush and whenever you have the spare time.
08-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Oh hey. Haven't played in a week, so I just saw this via the news feed in game. Got one 2v2 with kamikaze goin' on at the moment, and I think I might get back to filling my games list Tongue
08-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Wow, made the Top 50, that makes me feel so much better. After losing like 20 in a row and dropping to zero league points I started to play friendly random games to make myself feel better but now I see I was losing to someone in the Top 5 each time.

Thanks for the list. I took a screenshot since I doubt I will be there next time Smile

~Teck
08-03-2012, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 06:19 AM by ArtNJ.)
I dont know where most of these people are. When I start a game, I feel like there is a 10% chance (each) that I'll get Syvan, Harti!, Calmon! Alvendor and a few other guys. I have multiple games with all of those, plus a few others, and no games with most of the vast unseen bulk of this list.
08-03-2012, 07:59 AM
(08-03-2012 06:18 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  I dont know where most of these people are. When I start a game, I feel like there is a 10% chance (each) that I'll get Syvan, Harti!, Calmon! Alvendor and a few other guys. I have multiple games with all of those, plus a few others, and no games with most of the vast unseen bulk of this list.

Hahaha, I was just thinking something very similar to this. I think it has to do with the time of day we are searching for new games. Because I have never faced any of those players you mentioned (or you!), and I seem to always get the same 5-6 people ( sakiehl, blueswimmer95, Drannoc95 come to mind ) as well that are all on the top 100.

But looks like I will finally get to play you in the tournament :]
08-04-2012, 04:53 AM
(08-02-2012 06:00 PM)thelonepower Wrote:  Not to be greedy or anything, but I would like to see the top 100 2v2 partners and 2v2 randoms also. I know you are busy and have numerous important things to do, so no rush and whenever you have the spare time.

I would like to see a 2v2 ranking as well. Big Grin
08-04-2012, 05:30 AM
08-04-2012, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 09:22 PM by calmon.)
I agree with ArtNJ. I've very few opponents out of the list and the one I get are mostly the same even I start games days later. Harti! and ReggaeKing are the only top10 players I remember matched with.

Another problem poping up for me:

Yesterday I had 1 game in the queue for full 24 hours without finding an opponent! Not sure when it starts selecting lower tier opponents. Today I've slots in the queue for more than 12 hours without any matchings.

Is matchmaking so strict that I only get Top20 opponents?

More informations would be good. I don't like the fact to mainly play 3-4 players and have a lot games in queue waiting for opponents.
08-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Some of these players are in super titan but have 0-50 points (i'm facing one right now) which leads me to think that these players had really got their MMR inflated pre-adjustment and never played another game...

GC: cherylto