Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3.84 Average
2v2 Replays
08-13-2012, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 03:53 AM by alexjiang1.)
RE: 2v2 Replays
(08-12-2012 05:08 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 10:52 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 09:25 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Regarding my early rush, I agree 100%. If I recall correctly, I had something resembling a strategy going in, made the first move, and then went "uh oh, oh well it's gamble time.". Luckily they weren't deterred from further turtle construction, and we were able to adequately recover.

Ya haha. But there troop buildup turned out to be much larger and more powerful than yalls which factored into y'all losing. Also, the fact that the opponent was most likely brothers and had better communication could be another possibility. In 2v2, it's not about who's super Titan in 1v1 pairing with another super Titan to form a team for 2v2 but rather communication, 2 armies is greater than 1. 80% teamwork, 20% individual skill, (we are playing masters in 2v2 that are fluffy and gifted in 1v1).
Yeah, that's us. I'm gifted he's clever in 1v1. I was actually super Titan in the beginning and when my friend got the game we started playing 2v2 only. A month later I played a 1v1, won the game, and got demoted to gifted. We use the chat quite a bit. When we lose, its almost always because one of us forgot to check the chat and lost track of the other's strategy. Anyway, here's our most recent match. This is a fun one to watch. I felt it was the right time to mess around with Scrambler and the gamble paid off. Not sure why they matched us against a gifted team. Seems to happen once in a while. I guess they have to match you against higher level opponents eventually.

And I'm not sure if there are any people higher than us according to the league system. So idk if we will play higher. But there are finally 2 master leagues now. Currently our highest match is against the number 3 masters.

iPro Clan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2012, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 05:10 AM by worldfamous.)
(08-13-2012 12:58 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  Ya you always have to know each others plans, that is key.interesting game , you caused a nice diversion with ur heavy and blue was to focused on thAt side allowing an advantage of armies against green. Ur partner I believe in his first turn shouldn't of sent a healed runner to kill the enemies runner as that runner could've just been destroyed in one hit by a soldier (I dont know the FoW situation). But ya here's out latest game against the once number 10 (now 12) masters. Game

Placing that bombshell next to your base was just evil. At least they didn't have to suffer it.

OK people, I know there have to some of you playing 2v2 out there. Please post your replays! If not, I'm going to have to change the thread title to Alexjiang1/Mr. Banger and WorldFamous/DieMFDie Replays.
08-13-2012, 06:40 AM
I'll post something. As soon as I finish a game.

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
08-13-2012, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 01:54 PM by GreatGonzales.)
Hey guys, glad this thread is so active (between a few people..). Anyway I just finished a match against a number 3 Masters that I thought was pretty cool. Involved some pretty tricky unit placement techniques. Hope you like it! Constructive criticism is welcome.

GreatGonzales/The Rawkhawk vs P0werCrazy/Gavin Wins on Machination
08-13-2012, 03:05 PM
(08-13-2012 01:53 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Hey guys, glad this thread is so active (between a few people..). Anyway I just finished a match against a number 3 Masters that I thought was pretty cool. Involved some pretty tricky unit placement techniques. Hope you like it! Constructive criticism is welcome.

That was a really weird start. I don't know if they had some unfamiliar strategy or what, but I couldn't figure out what they were doing in the beginning there. It would've been interesting to see what kind of havoc the bombshell would've wreaked (if it survived).
08-14-2012, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2012 05:51 AM by alexjiang1.)
Most recent game against 42 masters, an early failed charge with no defense led to their demise. Blitz Beach
(08-13-2012 01:53 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Hey guys, glad this thread is so active (between a few people..). Anyway I just finished a match against a number 3 Masters that I thought was pretty cool. Involved some pretty tricky unit placement techniques. Hope you like it! Constructive criticism is welcome.

Good game interesting, ya the bombshell would've turned out interesting, great blockade of your heavy, brilliant idea.

iPro Clan
08-14-2012, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2012 08:18 AM by alexjiang1.)
Worldfamous,if it's not too much trouble, could I ask of you for a favor to organize all the games into your original post. Like th supertitan replay thread because there aren't too many 2v2 games and it would be nice to have them all together. Thanks!

Good game interesting, ya the bombshell would've turned out interesting, great blockade of your heavy, brilliant idea.

iPro Clan
08-14-2012, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2012 09:47 AM by Mr.Banger.)
Our two most recently finished games. Handed our first loss at the first time we played in blitz beach though i felt we put up a good fight at the end, advice is welcomed. Not bad considering they were rank 6 masters and we had the second turn. We played them twice actually both times with the second turn. And we went 1-1. In the loss, we butchered turn 36 by spawning a runner at the end and if we had saved that wit, we could've killed his bombshell one alexjiang1's next turn without the scrambler dying. Hindsight is 20-20 but I guess what pissed us off the most is we were deciding whether to sit or create. We also didn't know that bombshell was the best special at blitz beach. Anyways, no excuses, we learned a lot. Here they are:

Loss, 1st one started

Win, second one started
08-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Hello, sorry if we are spamming with games haha but we just finished at CCM against the rank 3 masters, there was a scary attack down on both flanks with them starting the attack but they didn't have enough defenses on the left flank and I snuck a 4 hp soldier into the backdoor, enough talking here's the game

iPro Clan
08-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi again, I've got another one to share. This was a friendly between Rawkhawk and I and ArtNJ and Aaronindayton. This one was a nail-biter, exciting till the very end!

GreatGonzales/The Rawkhawk vs ArtNJ/Aaronindayton on Blitz Beach