Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Weekly Top 200 - 10/24/2014
10-26-2014, 02:57 AM
RE: Weekly Top 200 - 10/24/2014
(10-26-2014 01:14 AM).Memories. Wrote:  Since you linked to it, do you mind if I make a suggestion?

Take a look at #1 2v2r; he's 5-0, which is impressive, but I'm assuming those are placement games (since Doodat and I are at #60 2v2 with 5-0 placements) - I would not consider placement games to be a true representation of skill. Yeah, they help to place someone into an appropriate league, but the "real" games start once you're already placed. I know he won't stay at the top unless he keeps winning, but skyrocketing to 1st might not be the right way to represent skill rating.

Therefore, I would consider making it 5 games after the initial placement(s).

Just my 2c. Thanks for actively making changes to this - I think many of us have been pushing for a better ranking system for awhile Smile.

I think the record posted is just games from this season, while the hidden skill rating that allows him to be #1 is from all time. So if your hidden skill rating is good enough to be on the list, and you've completed 5+ games during the season, and you've completed at least 1 league game during the previous week, then you will be immortalized on the weekly list in a position representative of your overall hidden skill rating.

So his 5-0 is just his record from this season, not all the games he's ever played.

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2014, 04:26 AM
Um yeah, the records are only for this season. Some of those records are super skewed if it was otherwise.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-26-2014, 05:53 AM
Wow that's a pretty sweet change, but may I ask how this new system works? Did amofett seriously play 240 games during this season for example?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
10-26-2014, 06:15 AM
(10-26-2014 05:53 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Wow that's a pretty sweet change, but may I ask how this new system works? Did amofett seriously play 240 games during this season for example?

Yes he has. I wish everyone in the top 50 played so many games (myself included). I only have half that number spanning 3 accounts collectively.

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th