1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion
(11-05-2013 08:10 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  Here is an interesting game

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgMT8sAoM

Mobis and a lot of wits can be dangerous!

I don't play 2v2 much ever, so I'm completely unused to the strategies involved, so maybe my questions are way off. But looking at this, my first question is why didn't acameronp do more early on to put pressure on Alvendor around turn 30ish, or later on around turn 74? Seems he had enough troops and could've saved for the wits easily enough, but for not doing so, Alvendor never seemed to have to scramble for his own defense.

Also, seems like there is a TON of in-game communication? Or are you both so used to playing together at this point, that you don't need to say much because you know how each other think?
Very fun replay to watch, thanks for sharing!

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
12-18-2013, 08:39 PM
(12-18-2013 01:23 AM)erikpdumont Wrote:  I don't play 2v2 much ever, so I'm completely unused to the strategies involved, so maybe my questions are way off. But looking at this, my first question is why didn't acameronp do more early on to put pressure on Alvendor around turn 30ish, or later on around turn 74? Seems he had enough troops and could've saved for the wits easily enough, but for not doing so, Alvendor never seemed to have to scramble for his own defense.

Also, seems like there is a TON of in-game communication? Or are you both so used to playing together at this point, that you don't need to say much because you know how each other think?
Very fun replay to watch, thanks for sharing!

Good question, I think it is an option for him to put pressure on my base but it is not as easy as it looks. I was well aware he had a bunch of soldiers top and I tried to keep just as much defense as needed but not more (every wit could be the deciding factor in a game like this). The problem for him is that he can only reinforce from one spawn while we have three spawns close by. If he would move out with all his soldiers he would maybe kill two units from me but the next turn I would create two units to defend, mobi natichux sniper to defend, and natichux would create a unit from top spawn, effectively giving us 4 more units to quickly handle the attack. So it is tougher than in looks to attack at that point.

We certainly do communicate in the game, not every turn but rather in tricky situations or when we find a plan that requires the other one to do a specific move. After a couple of games you get used basic strategies for each map. On this map: he defends bottom, I put pressure top. We try to get some bombshell(s) in the middle, I try to make some mobi plays... Also if nothing special is going on he can just make a bombshell and deploy it on his spawn point without saying anything and I know without communicating I need to place it the next round with my mobi if possible. He also knows that if I got some mobi(s) he can move out and attack and count on me to teleport back some of the units before they get killed.

Soldier spam FTW
12-18-2013, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 09:18 PM by Juslas.)
Sugar Rock attack paths are clockwise at top and bottom. Both teams defended from early on those paths. End is elegant, typical 2v2 when defense is homogenous and attacker can utilize turn order.
And not pressuring counter clockwise, well you just end up in bad unit disadvantage if you try to go wrong way (on oneway street).
12-18-2013, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 09:54 PM by Alvendor.)
Yep and attack paths can become a mind game in itself. I know that position is hard to attack and hence spend less wits defending it. This will make it more likely to be attacked as he sees I don't have much defense. Kind of a chicken race who dares to defend the least.

Example of when it goes horribly wrong, I won the chicken race but lost the war Smile
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgMKzrAsM
This looks like it was an obvious and huge mistake by me not defending that side. It might have been obvious (and stupid) but it was not large in terms of wits. Just a few wits more spent on that side and I would have been able to defend the attack.

Soldier spam FTW
12-19-2013, 01:27 AM
Cool, thanks for the explanations. I don't play enough 2v2 to know the direction and flow of the attack routes on those maps, but looking at it again in light of what you said, yes - I can see the difficulty it would take to mount an effective assault that way.
And yes, I see what you mean about the chicken race. Looks like if you had even one runner deployed above your spawn hex on that side in that Thorn Gulley match, you could've prevented the attack.

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
01-03-2014, 11:23 PM
This one was fun Smile

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAiNy0pQoM
01-04-2014, 12:22 AM
(01-03-2014 11:23 PM)Uyduruk Wrote:  This one was fun Smile

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAiNy0pQoM

Gg!! Are you someone's alt account?? Tongue
01-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Nope Smile
01-04-2014, 09:50 AM
(01-03-2014 11:23 PM)Uyduruk Wrote:  This one was fun Smile

Nice replay!

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!