Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Balance/feedback suggestion
07-21-2012, 06:53 AM
Balance/feedback suggestion
The super units cost way too much. With 7 wits, you rarely get to get one out. And on the smaller maps where you have only 1 extra wits space, you don't get enough wits per turn to be able to save for the super, even if you save a point per turn. Unless you spend a turn barely taking action, which is way too dangerous. Because you need more than 7 wits saved up because if all you do is summon the super in a turn you'd get it or another valuable unit killed. It's especially true for the scallywags and adorables, coz their supers are less effective in a defensive situation- bombshell cant fire the turn he comes in and mobi's special has little use in defense.
I feel that if the supers would cost 6 it would be much more reasonable and you would get to see them more often on the battlefield (as as it is now you almost never do).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: Balance/feedback suggestion
Watch some of the posted replays on this forum to see demonstrations of special units being used on all maps, effectively. They do cost a lot, but it's part of the strategy and at higher levels they really do turn a game around. "Skipping" a turn is actually not so bad because it's unlikely for your opponent to be constantly attacking you, especially in the early rounds.
07-21-2012, 07:56 AM
So many newbies around now. To you and all other people, please browse the forums before posting about something. This has been complained about but IMO it's fair. Also, what makes you think the scallywag and adorable specials are worse in anyway? The concept might seem less "cool", but they still play a big part in fights. Specials are a "situational" unit, where you wouldn't just randomly one for fun.

Also every time you call a special a "super unit" a scrambler has a headache.

(07-20-2012 02:13 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  An awesome game when I lost the first fight and was pushed back to my base but managed to push back out. Both players went defensive after with my bombshell forcing initiation and the enemy getting two useless scramblers.
Fluffysox vs JuhRo

P.S. In turn 4, I did the most idiotic move ever. Also I accidentally unshelled my bombshell and you should really count how many units it Could've killed!

Specials in action. This replay proves that scramblers and bombshells can both be effective and completely useless.
07-21-2012, 11:25 AM
(07-21-2012 07:56 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  So many newbies around now. To you and all other people, please browse the forums before posting about something. This has been complained about but IMO it's fair. Also, what makes you think the scallywag and adorable specials are worse in anyway? The concept might seem less "cool", but they still play a big part in fights. Specials are a "situational" unit, where you wouldn't just randomly one for fun.

Also every time you call a special a "super unit" a scrambler has a headache.

(07-20-2012 02:13 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  An awesome game when I lost the first fight and was pushed back to my base but managed to push back out. Both players went defensive after with my bombshell forcing initiation and the enemy getting two useless scramblers.
Fluffysox vs JuhRo

P.S. In turn 4, I did the most idiotic move ever. Also I accidentally unshelled my bombshell and you should really count how many units it Could've killed!

Specials in action. This replay proves that scramblers and bombshells can both be effective and completely useless.

1) Considering how long the game has been out, what the hell makes you think you can call yourself a pro and me (or anyone else for that matter), a noob? Get over yourself.
2) You really feel that bad when I say "super unit" instead of special? Really? That's what bothering you? I haven't seen anywhere they have an official type name, and it doesn't matter anyway, so let's not be petty.
3) I have never said or meant the the adorables' and scallywags' supers are not as good as feedbacks, or that they're useless, or that thy're not cool (if anything I think Mobi's the coolest), only that I think the scrambler has a slight advantage in defense.
4) I am well aware supers are situational, and I don't want them them to be cheaper just so "I can have one around for kicks".... You're completely twisting my words, stop that. I have played a lot of games and those units you rarely see being used, that's all. That was my main concern.
07-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Anyone who's scrambling to use a bombshell the turn it comes out is not doing "defense." They're doing firefighting, which is a byproduct of poor planning and strategy. The bombshell is by far the best special unit for defense. The Mobi, as you say, is the worst.
07-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way. I meant people are new to the forums and I didn't call myself a pro. How can you be pro at typing on forums neway? Tongue

Sorry...trying to lighten up a serious topic with some humor.

If you think the scrambler has a slight advantage in defense, doesnt that mean they Are better?

On the main post you are complaining that the special cost too much. I have not twisted your words or put things into your mouth, just said it in different words.
07-22-2012, 02:28 AM
I see special units in around half my games against Masters players (though I've only played around 30 against Masters and most of them were friendly games).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]