Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Appreciation Thread :D
07-21-2012, 03:11 AM
The Appreciation Thread :D
We all tend to whine a lot about bugs, and the things we think need to be added to the game. This is good, because we're helping OML tweak the game with our criticism. Despite this, however, I haven't seems a thread yet that's been dedicated to letting the Devs know what we like, and thanking them for it.

So I'll start the appreciation thread with this: Thanks for making the best TBS game on the iPhone!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: The Appreciation Thread :D
Thank you for demonstrating that simplicity and depth are not mutually exclusive.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2012, 03:34 AM
Thanks for making this wonderful game!
07-21-2012, 03:36 AM
(07-21-2012 03:19 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Thank you for demonstrating that simplicity and depth are not mutually exclusive.

Seconded!

Thanks for reminding me that ADORABLE THINGS ARE STILL DANGEROUS!

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
07-21-2012, 04:13 AM
Ooh, I <3 the Adorables sooooo much! :3

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
07-21-2012, 05:04 AM
Thanks, guys. We learned to be thick skinned about these things a while ago, but it's nice to hear we got something right every once in a while.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2012, 05:08 AM
I love the special units and the art style!!!!!!!!!!! Heart
07-21-2012, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2012 11:51 AM by nivra0.)
Seriously, I'm a veteran Wesnoth player, and love TBS. This is hands-down the best one for the platform.
Oh, to go with the thread title:

I appreciate that all three teams are perfectly balanced except for the special, which adds depth, personality, and strategic differences without unbalancing effects.

I appreciate that all the units are uniquely and well balanced, allowing for a variety of different strategies and builds to be successful.

I appreciate the decision to use a hex-based system rather than a square-based map, providing greater 360 degree realism.

I appreciate the incredible beta test you put this game through so that it was robust, well-balanced, and a thorough joy to play.

I appreciate the ladder concept and hidden MMR. Despite all the complaints you get, it works great, and much much better than other systems out there.

I appreciate the replay system enormously as it allows people to strategize and review.

I appreciate the implementation of 2v2 both random and matched ratings. A joy to play.

I appreciate both alex and adam for being friendly and responsive developers who are concerned with customer feedback and satisfaction. And that shows in the polish and finish of the game.
07-21-2012, 06:52 PM
thank you for giving me a game that is so addictively goodSmile inspired thought has gone into this gameBig Grin

[Image: sig.png]
07-22-2012, 02:21 AM
Outwitters is easily my favorite game on iOS and one of my favorite strategy games of all time, second only to SC2.

It's likewise refreshing to see that not only is the game great, but that the devs are tireless in their efforts to improve the experience and listen to feedback from their customers!

Thanks for this wonderful game! I can't wait to see what OML has in store for us. =D

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]