Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Forum Feedback thread.
10-16-2014, 11:13 AM
RE: New Forum Feedback thread.
(10-16-2014 10:55 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  At a brief overview, it would be nice to have a link or return to top otherwise, it is kind of annoying to try to get back to the other threads, or overview of latest posts.

Also, would there be some way to mark threads/discussions as read? Just found that feature in the "dismiss" section.

An actually how relevant are the "suggested topics"?

Just a few thoughts so far.

Returning the top:
- either hit the home key on your keyboard, or click on the green progress bar at the bottom that shows the posts/total posts. that'll give you an option to go directly to the top or any post. Same on mobile, or tap top of screen.

Not sure on suggested topics because all the posts are blindly imported from myBB. I've noticed top 200 posts tend to suggest each other, but beyond that not sure.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2014, 08:23 PM
I might've missed something, but is there a filter yet for grouping posts by theme?
Or would that only work for posts post-myBB.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
10-16-2014, 11:43 PM
I prefer myBB for sure

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-17-2014, 03:18 AM
(10-16-2014 08:23 PM)brayton Wrote:  I might've missed something, but is there a filter yet for grouping posts by theme?
Or would that only work for posts post-myBB.

clicking any tag like 'outwitters' or 'tilt to live' gives the same functionality that myBB does in organizing 'sub-forums'. or click the drop down labelled 'all categories' to select the one you want.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-17-2014, 03:18 AM
(10-16-2014 11:43 PM)LegacyofEight Wrote:  I prefer myBB for sure

why is that?

10-17-2014, 04:57 AM
One item which may have been already mentioned is that replay links don't appear to be synced with Outwitters Sports Network. Harti wrote the script that did this I believe? I wonder if it could be easily ported.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
10-17-2014, 05:00 AM
I don't see how it's easier for mobile users. It feels much easier to navigate here.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-17-2014, 05:35 AM
(10-17-2014 05:00 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  I don't see how it's easier for mobile users. It feels much easier to navigate here.

easier or familiar? Even on an iphone 6 i can't navigate our current forums reliably w/o constant screen zooming, which slows me down to getting where I want to go: an actual thread.

10-17-2014, 06:35 AM
I would agree with Legacy; I prefer myBB. I definitely would miss signatures and custom titles. I feel like they add a more personal element to the forums, which I enjoy. Also, am I missing something or are replay links not clickable on Discourse?

I represent all leagues. Except Diamond League.
Super-Titan w/AlliDooisRush (#19)
Master League 1v1 (#141), 2v2 random (#44), w/Chemoeum (#33), w/SanDiego2 (#112)
gifted w/FrozenNorthernKid (IA)
clever w/jaksd, w/LegacyofEight
fluffy w/jbadams01 (ded)
10-17-2014, 06:45 AM
(10-17-2014 06:35 AM)baustin42 Wrote:  I would agree with Legacy; I prefer myBB. I definitely would miss signatures and custom titles. I feel like they add a more personal element to the forums, which I enjoy. Also, am I missing something or are replay links not clickable on Discourse?

replay links is a custom plugin i'd have to port. Or you referring to just naked OW:// links?