Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09-15-2014, 05:36 AM
Fan games
Hey there! Are you thinking about creating/creating/going to create an Outwitters fan game? Or maybe you've already made one? I'd love to hear about it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2014, 06:58 AM
RE: Fan games
I would do this some time. Currently, I'm not completely dedicated at coding.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
09-15-2014, 07:03 AM
Someone should recreate the board game.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
09-15-2014, 08:45 AM
I think the problem with the board game is that there are better board games out there.

Live your life as more than plastic.
09-15-2014, 11:18 AM
(09-15-2014 08:45 AM)spacechef Wrote:  I think the problem with the board game is that there are better board games out there.

And FOW is hard in a board game.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
09-15-2014, 11:22 AM
I have an interesting idea for FoW but it would require the other person looking away when the other takes his/her turn

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
09-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Yeah, the fog of war would be the most difficult part to replicate.

09-15-2014, 01:04 PM
You have the pieces facing you like Stratego so u know a pice is there but you don't know what unit it is then you can ask your opponent verbally what it is and u have to remember

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2014, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 01:57 PM by spacechef.)
I had a thread on a board game version a while back:

http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2947

My main post about the rules:

For health, you could have damage markers to indicate how much damage a unit has taken. The FOW element is much trickier. It's been done a lot of different ways, but I don't think you could truly get the same FOW as in Outwitters. Overall, a board game version would have to have some differences. Might be interesting to develop a free print and play.
So here's how it could work.

Setup - Players build an army using an agreed upon amount of wits. Choose a team, choose any units you want, just don't go over the wit limit.

Fog of War - Units within the fog of war are placed face down on the game board. A units line of site determines the fog of war for each player. Once a unit is within line of site, it is placed face side up. Line of site is 2 hexes for unrevealed units, or a units normal line of site for revealed units. A unit may reveal itself in order to gain further line of sight.

Spawning - Players are allowed to spawn one unit per spawn point per turn, at the cost of 1 wit each.

Movement - Units may be moved once per turn at the cost of 1 wit. Units within the fog of war can either move one hex without revealing themselves, or reveal themselves and move up to that unit's full allotted movement. Revealed units within the fog of war are than placed back to face down at the end of its movement.

Wit generation - Wits are generated at the rate of X per turn, plus 1 additional wit for each captured wit space. Wits may be saved from turn to turn. X can be variable, depending on your desired speed of play.

Attacking - Units may attack at the cost of one wit. Units within the fog of war must reveal themselves when attacking, than be placed face down after the attack.

The game wouldn't be the same as a board game, it would have to be played differently. Also, ask yourself the question, how many real life friends of your play Outwitters? How many of you play modern board games in the first place?

09-19-2014, 12:45 PM
Nobody, eh?