Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
YOU Can Help Bring Outwitters Back!
09-11-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: YOU Can Help Bring Outwitters Back!
If we tried, we could probably come up with enough ideas and artwork (Chemoeum) to make OW2. All OML would have to do is program it (which may be the hardest part haha)

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2014, 05:10 PM
We can even create the new maps, have thousands of ideas for the specials and for the balance, point out new needed features, and so on. Big Grin

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
09-11-2014, 10:05 PM
You DO have an army at your disposal here, Alex…

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
09-11-2014, 10:58 PM
(09-11-2014 01:52 PM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  Haven't you noticed Alex? We've all been 'working' on OW2 in the forum. We've already provided all the wild and unrealistic ideas! All you have to do is implement them. Wink

I know you're being sarcastic, but I couldn't help but laugh because this is how the world sees all software engineering. A bunch of project managers and business guys get in a room and think they've done all the hard work when they think of some vague overarching idea. They think software just has to "code it up real quick" and it'll be done...

Ugh.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
09-12-2014, 12:17 AM
(09-11-2014 10:58 PM).Memories. Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 01:52 PM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  Haven't you noticed Alex? We've all been 'working' on OW2 in the forum. We've already provided all the wild and unrealistic ideas! All you have to do is implement them. Wink

I know you're being sarcastic, but I couldn't help but laugh because this is how the world sees all software engineering. A bunch of project managers and business guys get in a room and think they've done all the hard work when they think of some vague overarching idea. They think software just has to "code it up real quick" and it'll be done...

Ugh.

Still, we do help those chances go up. It's just a little fun time that might actually work. They do have a point, which in real life doesn't apply as much as it does in the movies.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
09-12-2014, 12:42 AM
Why has nobody made an Outwitters fangame yet?
09-12-2014, 01:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 01:34 AM by .Memories..)
(09-12-2014 12:17 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 10:58 PM).Memories. Wrote:  

Ugh.

Still, we do help those chances go up. It's just a little fun time that might actually work. They do have a point, which in real life doesn't apply as much as it does in the movies.

I totally agree - I'm sure it's very beneficial to have ideas flowing. I was just poking fun at "All you have to do is...", because that's pretty much how many managers will start a conversation with engineers. Smile

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
09-12-2014, 03:35 AM
Software Development: Hard
Game Design: Hard
Drawing GUI Buttons: HAAAAAARD

There's so much hard stuff involved in making a game, you guys don't even know.

Um... That's what she said? Huh

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2014, 03:58 AM
(09-12-2014 12:42 AM)OutwittersIsTheBest Wrote:  Why has nobody made an Outwitters fangame yet?

Given the amount of moving parts in Outwitters (both client and server infrastructure), it's not a trivial thing to do. Anyone that can execute a fan game would probably be better served just making their own game and selling that.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
09-12-2014, 05:58 AM
(09-12-2014 03:58 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 12:42 AM)OutwittersIsTheBest Wrote:  Why has nobody made an Outwitters fangame yet?

Given the amount of moving parts in Outwitters (both client and server infrastructure), it's not a trivial thing to do. Anyone that can execute a fan game would probably be better served just making their own game and selling that.

Well I'm gonna do it. (At least try)