Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
YOU Can Help Bring Outwitters Back!
09-13-2014, 09:36 AM
RE: YOU Can Help Bring Outwitters Back!
(09-13-2014 08:09 AM)I am epic Wrote:  Another idea I had, although I have no idea how hard it would be to implement, would be to show the top 200s games after they play them. For example, if LER4T beats poweewee it would say #1 LER4T def. #2 poweewee and you could click and see the replay. I think these ideas would really put a spotlight on top 200 players, because sometimes I think that players don't really realize what's going on in the upper echelon of players.

Do you mean like in the news section of the game? That would be overbearing to get a news item for every game completed between top 200 players.

However, on OSN there is a section for all Super-Titan replays that updates 'live'.

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2014, 10:19 AM
(09-13-2014 09:36 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  
(09-13-2014 08:09 AM)I am epic Wrote:  Another idea I had, although I have no idea how hard it would be to implement, would be to show the top 200s games after they play them. For example, if LER4T beats poweewee it would say #1 LER4T def. #2 poweewee and you could click and see the replay. I think these ideas would really put a spotlight on top 200 players, because sometimes I think that players don't really realize what's going on in the upper echelon of players.

Do you mean like in the news section of the game? That would be overbearing to get a news item for every game completed between top 200 players.

However, on OSN there is a section for all Super-Titan replays that updates 'live'.

Yes I understand the news section and that there is the osn super-Titan section but this would give even the most casual players a look at the top 200 players.

Honestly I think that this could be a whole section in the lower menu, where you could see the list, their profiles, and all the top 200 replays.

Gifted! Gifted League

GCID -joejohn22-
09-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Or simply improve the profile system and put there some stats and all the past replays. I also miss the weekly highlight, which got me like 50 more game center friends Big Grin

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-14-2014, 02:41 AM
(09-13-2014 10:19 AM)I am epic Wrote:  
(09-13-2014 09:36 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  

Yes I understand the news section and that there is the osn super-Titan section but this would give even the most casual players a look at the top 200 players.

Honestly I think that this could be a whole section in the lower menu, where you could see the list, their profiles, and all the top 200 replays.

Also put their addresses, their real names, and their jobs.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

09-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Rather than the new teams being implemented into the OW app, i think it'd be better/easier if someone in the community who knows how to program made a really stingy browser version, like Harti's Map Generator, except where you can play the game. It wouldn't even need any character animations, the team pics are enough.

Also, a html/javascript version would be good enough since anyone dedicated enough would find it on the community. OW WILL LIVE ON!!!

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
09-15-2014, 12:11 AM
I think somebody should make a fan game with new teams.
09-15-2014, 01:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 01:30 AM by Flarp55.)
(09-15-2014 12:11 AM)OutwittersIsTheBest Wrote:  I think somebody should make a fan game with new teams.
and get sued.

Legal issues aside, do you know how hard it is to create Outwitters from scratch? It took A&A over a year and 5 months to create, working full time. Who would spend that much time on a fan game?

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

09-15-2014, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 02:58 AM by Chemoeum.)
(09-15-2014 01:30 AM)Flarp55 Wrote:  
(09-15-2014 12:11 AM)OutwittersIsTheBest Wrote:  I think somebody should make a fan game with new teams.
and get sued.

Legal issues aside, do you know how hard it is to create Outwitters from scratch? It took A&A over a year and 5 months to create, working full time. Who would spend that much time on a fan game?

They said you could use their materials without profiting from them. A casual fan game goes nowhere that far.

And a casual fan game shouldn't be the exact game.

Actually, do you guys think Outwitters should also appear on Steam? It's been mentioned before, that Steam users feed on strategy.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
09-15-2014, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 10:25 PM by brayton.)
While I agree that Outwitters on Steam would be awesome for the community and players, and would be profitable of shipping it was easy, but isn't there a big difference between C+ and Whatever x86 pc games are written in? Or is that c+ aswell?

(09-15-2014 02:56 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  
(09-15-2014 01:30 AM)Flarp55 Wrote:  
and get sued.

Legal issues aside, do you know how hard it is to create Outwitters from scratch? ....

They said you could use their materials without profiting from them. A casual fan game goes nowhere that far.

And a casual fan game shouldn't be the exact game.

Actually, do you guys think Outwitters should also appear on Steam? It's been mentioned before, that Steam users feed on strategy.

I think as far as a community/fan game goes, it wouldn't be that hard /If someone who knows how to do it did it/. I'd assume apart from designing the concept, most of the work would've been 1) making it run smoothly on iOS, and 2) Making all the Gorgious artwork

Through omitting 1) and 2), shouldn't it be easy?

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
09-16-2014, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2014 02:50 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Well, not easy, but also not an insurmountable challenge. The technical implementation would definitely be doable, but it would be real work (and done for free). I think the hardest part would be designing what the new specials should do and getting them balanced.

In the case of community designed stuff:

What would we do if, for example, half the community says, "the snowman dude is OP" and the other half says, "no, he's fine, you guys just don't know how to defend against him!" How would we decide when and how to tweak the rules?

IMO, the only way something like this could work well is if you have a small group with executive decision making power who make decisions based upon large-scale game statistics and player feedback.

But having said all that, as Alex pointed out, anyone who has the capacity to make an Outwitters fan game would probably be better off just making their own original game instead of using OML's IP.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user