Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gamecenter name change
07-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Gamecenter name change
Can you change your name on the leader boards? Because I started playing, decided to change my nickname, and it did not change the name on the leader boards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2012, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2012 07:02 AM by Harti.)
RE: Gamecenter name change
(07-19-2012 06:46 AM)thelonepower Wrote:  Can you change your name on the leader boards? Because I started playing, decided to change my nickname, and it did not change the name on the leader boards.

It takes a while to adapt. I used to be "Harti." back then, I can't recall when it became "Harti!". Either at the league reset or when I got promoted. Probably also during the nightly garbage run?

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-09-2012, 05:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 05:29 AM by nomino.)
I'm having the same issue. I've changed my gamecenter name 2 months ago and my leaderboard name hasnt been updated. Ive even been promoted during this time. How do I change it ?
12-09-2012, 05:34 AM
(12-09-2012 05:27 AM)nomino Wrote:  I'm having the same issue. I've changed my gamecenter name 2 months ago and my leaderboard name hasnt been updated. Ive even been promoted during this time. How do I change it ?

Once Season 2 starts it will update.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
12-09-2012, 05:37 AM
Does the name update every new season?

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-09-2012, 05:43 AM
(12-09-2012 05:37 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Does the name update every new season?

Yes each time there's a season roll over, the next time you're in a placement match you're current name in gamecenter will be propagated into the leagues/division system.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
12-09-2012, 05:53 AM
Thats great! (I suffer from the same sticky old gc name issue...)

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
12-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Alright, thanks. I was wondering, why did you choose to use Starcraft 2 system ? To my knowledge it's the first game to use Divisions and "fake" meaningless points that hides the real ranking. Why not just surface the real rating ?
12-10-2012, 02:06 AM
(12-10-2012 01:49 AM)nomino Wrote:  Alright, thanks. I was wondering, why did you choose to use Starcraft 2 system ? To my knowledge it's the first game to use Divisions and "fake" meaningless points that hides the real ranking. Why not just surface the real rating ?

In the upcoming update, I'm pretty sure they are making points and your division rank more reflective of skill.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-10-2012, 03:02 AM
wait...we will have to do placement matches again soon?

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best