Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One suggested improvement, one feature request
07-18-2012, 10:05 PM
One suggested improvement, one feature request
Hello One Man Left.

This is already my all-time favorite iOS game, so thanks for making it. I have one small and simple suggested improvement: that my preferred team is remembered for the next game I begin. It always defaults to Feedback (?) team, and I always want to play Adorables.

My feature request is for another 'playoff/tournament' type match, where each participant who signs up plays against their group (of 8/16/32/whatever) in a series of rounds. Winner goes through to the next round. And those who are beaten early can watch the remaining games as they progress. It would add to the intensity/importance of each game for the participants and help teach the losers how the pro's do it.

Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2012, 10:15 PM
RE: One suggested improvement, one feature request
(07-18-2012 10:05 PM)Dan Gleibitz Wrote:  Hello One Man Left.

This is already my all-time favorite iOS game, so thanks for making it. I have one small and simple suggested improvement: that my preferred team is remembered for the next game I begin. It always defaults to Feedback (?) team, and I always want to play Adorables.
Amazingly, this point has never been brought up (at least to my knowledge). It sounds very reasonable and doable from an implementation standpoint.

(07-18-2012 10:05 PM)Dan Gleibitz Wrote:  My feature request is for another 'playoff/tournament' type match, where each participant who signs up plays against their group (of 8/16/32/whatever) in a series of rounds. Winner goes through to the next round. And those who are beaten early can watch the remaining games as they progress. It would add to the intensity/importance of each game for the participants and help teach the losers how the pro's do it.
Since there is the functionality of sharing any online game (League or unranked) via a link, we as a community can do tournaments like this and I think there are plans already underway from various people.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-18-2012, 10:42 PM
(07-18-2012 10:05 PM)Dan Gleibitz Wrote:  Hello One Man Left.

An interesting note - the default seems different per person - mine defaults to the Scallywag team.

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
07-19-2012, 12:13 AM
I vaguely remember seeing Adam or Alex mentioning plans to do a tournament in the future in some other thread.

Tournaments tracked by the forum would be fun but an official, in game tournament would be awesome!
07-19-2012, 12:52 AM
If you can view the tournament as it goes on, there is a potential to cheat as you can tell your friends their moves and their FOW
07-19-2012, 01:11 AM
I didn't mean you can watch the games in progress. I just mean that the tournament would be managed within the outwitters interface.
07-19-2012, 01:34 AM
In Warcraft 3 they had daily
Tournaments at set times eah day. It'd change and be 1v1 or 2v2. I think to implement it here the devs need to make a personal stats chart with your win/loss and percentage for all the teams and also have a stat sheet that lists the tournaments you entered and your place in them. Tournament wins could either help your league ranking, or they could make a new leader board for tournament wins. You could get points for placing in tournaments (ie. 3rd 5 points,2nd 7 pts, 1st 10 points etc). Or you could have it effect both.
07-19-2012, 01:52 AM
Thats funny, because mine defaults to the adorables...
I think its how much we use the teams that determines our default. and i think we could do some sort of tournament system, or atleast make a thread that is strictly tournaments, and then post the games.
There could also be like a skills challenge type of deal. What i mean is you can only use runners against your opponent, or soldiers. etc.. I believe this would be a fun idea also.
Invite me to a game. GC name is DakBow. Thanks for reading this. Smile
07-19-2012, 11:54 PM
We have an official tournament planned, but not until Alex gets the first big patch update out the door in about a month.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-20-2012, 12:29 AM
(07-19-2012 11:54 PM)oneadamleft Wrote:  We have an official tournament planned, but not until Alex gets the first big patch update out the door in about a month.

Hooray for the tournament, and for the patch! Maybe we'll see a shiny new team or two?

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210