Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landing next to the base and not attacking it but an enemy unit.
07-18-2012, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 06:06 AM by Tripwire.)
RE: Landing next to the base and not attacking it but an enemy unit.
(07-18-2012 05:56 AM)Mizywill Wrote:  Last post for me on this thread and I'll take a break from it.

I understand what you're saying about the runner and I use them all the time, but the key with the runner is to get in quick and deal a point. When you get in with one and opt to take out another runner I feel you just wasted the one you sent in. I would rather leave it and either make it waste it's attack on me so it can't hit my base, or prepare another way of handling it. I'ld rather deal with the runner I know than the one I don't. Smile After all, he's just going to replace it anyway.

But I think I understand if it's really important to you that they don't lift your fog of war.

Games like this are all about positioning and abusing fog of war, while at the same time trying to prevent your opponent from doing the same. If your opponent is not able to see your moves, you've won already.

The runner is so strong because it can threaten multiple positions at once, gives you line of sight for 3/4ths of the map, can move across the map in 2 turns and is a huge threat to the Medic and Sniper. Tbh, it'd probably contribute to a more strategic feel if movement was reduced to 4.

Take a look at Battle for Wesnoth, if you're into these types of games. Played that game for about 5 years now - vision and abusing fog of war is even more important there than in this game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Landing next to the base and not attacking it but an enemy unit. - Tripwire - 07-18-2012 06:05 AM