Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The future of Outwitters
07-31-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: The future of Outwitters
I do really like the idea of implementing some community maps. After 2+ years I'm definitely bored with some maps *cough* SFI/Peekaboo.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2014, 03:57 PM
I once thought of some kind of Outwitters and soccer thing combined, only the ball is a bomb. You have to spawn units to kick a bomb to the opponent's base. The distance of the bomb's travel is equivalent to the damage inflicted to move it. You can select a space to move the bomb to, across pits and friends, but not enemies or obstacles. And, a quite possible rule, the bomb will explode on its own after a certain number of turns. It doesn't seem like an ideal game mode to the Outwitters environment, but it was fun to share.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
08-02-2014, 07:05 AM
(07-31-2014 01:46 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  I do really like the idea of implementing some community maps. After 2+ years I'm definitely bored with some maps *cough* SFI/Peekaboo.

I agree on the Peekaboo, at one point last week I had 20 league games, and at least 10 were Peekaboo. Not quite there yet on SFI simply cuz I haven't had it much.

The flow of time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it. A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days.
08-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Not a fan of Peekaboo. The map is generally meh.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
08-02-2014, 09:44 PM
If balancing more teams is a problem, there could be a different game pool for certain teams. So like the teams that struggle balance wise never face each other because they never match up with those they have an issue with.

Team set A: scallywags, feedback, Adorables, veggienaughts
Team set B: 4 new teams
And more

So when a game is started with teams from a certain set, they will only be continued with an opponent that also started with a team from a certain set.
This is kind of like a different "mode" but still same gameplay, just different options.

GC: TheGreatAnt
08-03-2014, 04:23 AM
I still wish veggies could get some sort of boost, like trapping units in thorns, or shielding your units in them..

Master League poc 13 Master League

I'll be right back, I'm taking the kids to school
08-03-2014, 05:07 AM
I really think this game could benefit from being on steam, because people want stradtegy more on there than iOS

[Image: sig.png]
2 vs 2 Master League
1 vs 1 GIFTED