Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about game ending
07-12-2014, 02:54 AM
Question about game ending
I just played a game and was wondering at its outcome. It seems that either my opponent hit my base with a sniper and did so by shooting "through" my blocking pieces or "over" a barricade in front of my base (on Sharkfood Island). I was wondering whether this was legit...I thought I had blocked my base appropriately (but if I hadn't, it would be good to know for the future). Below is the link to the replay (if I captured it correctly). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA2vCGuQoM

Best,
TyShaunaSaurusRex
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2014, 02:58 AM
RE: Question about game ending
Yes, that's a legitimate spot to hit the base. What he's actually doing is shooting over the water and hitting you above the barrel.

The same is true on the map Skull Duggery.

You just have to be careful of the snipe or Bombshell reaching that spot as you can't block the hit to your base.

[Image: sig.png]
07-12-2014, 03:06 AM
Thank you lawtai! I had no idea. Good to know moving forward.
07-12-2014, 05:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 05:20 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Also good to know is that your sniper can't shoot the base over the edge of the map on Sweet Tooth, even though it looks as though you ought to be able to.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-13-2014, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2014 01:12 AM by [PETA] Doodat.)
Although the thing for Sharkfood island also applies to Skullduggery, the mid top hex can sniper shot the base even with units in front.

Lol just noticed that lawtai already said this

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
07-13-2014, 01:10 AM
Thx for all the tips everyone!
07-13-2014, 02:17 AM
It doesn't work on reaper either in the bottom corner if you try shooting around the heavie either even tho you should be able to since it's in distance XD (learned that the hard wayXD)

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
07-13-2014, 06:28 AM
(07-13-2014 02:17 AM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  It doesn't work on reaper either in the bottom corner if you try shooting around the heavie either even tho you should be able to since it's in distance XD (learned that the hard wayXD)

Not really though, because there's a bush in the way. Snipers can shoot three spaces, but they can't shoot 3 spaces around something if it's right on huge other side, if you know what I'm saying

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone