Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outwitters 1.6.5 update is live
07-11-2014, 05:42 AM
Outwitters 1.6.5 update is live
Hey all!

We just released a small update to Outwitters today to hopefully fix the long standing issues of lost push notifications. Anyone who's been having push notification issues in the past we'd invite you to try out this new update to see if it'll resolve your issue.

Sounds like it's kind of a hopeful shot-in-the-dark fix like the previous ones , but in fact none of them have been. Just to clarify on a more technical level:

Push notifications for Outwitters has a lot of moving parts to run smoothly and execute on time. Over the past several months I've been fixing bugs in the many pieces that typically would fix pushes for a group of users, but do nothing for another group. Perplexing at first, but kind of the nature of the beast. This fix is of a similar nature, and dealt with newer user accounts/clients that couldn't handle large numbers (bigger than an unsigned integer for the technical minded out there) for their IDs.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2014, 05:53 AM
RE: Outwitters 1.6.5 update is live
first!

Jk.. Thanks, Alex! You da best.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
07-11-2014, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 04:40 AM by jesusfuentesh.)
Thanks for keeping us posted Alex. We appreciate it. I hope this issue is fixed now,

Also, I wanted also to make a suggestion:

I am not sure how possible is to enable the "to partner" button on the chatbox in 1v1 matches. It'll be useful for some of us who keep track of some notes for very long 1v1 matches, specially. Just like opponent's wit-counting, or some private notes we'd like to keep in mind during the match. I know this would help us remember some things about the current matches and it would save some time when we take long for seding turns.

More than "to partner" button, it'd be like "personal notes" button I mean.

Thanks in advance

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2014, 06:40 AM
Thanks!

[Image: sig.png]
07-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Thanks Alex! Now I. Am constantly reminded to play my opponents...
For good games it's yay for the tough ones it's o_0
07-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Thanks, Alex!
07-12-2014, 02:15 AM
My notifications were fine before this update. Now it seems I'm having the problem of way too many. Like it will say I have 5 turns to play but I open up the app and there is only 1.
07-12-2014, 05:22 AM
(07-12-2014 02:15 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  My notifications were fine before this update. Now it seems I'm having the problem of way too many. Like it will say I have 5 turns to play but I open up the app and there is only 1.

you're getting 5 actual push notifications or just getting 1 but the badge is saying 5?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
07-14-2014, 03:44 AM
Just getting one but the badge was saying 5. Seems to be working again properly now though!
07-17-2014, 04:15 AM
So... Am I the only one still not receiving notifications?

[Image: sig.png]