Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Am I being matched properly for league games?
07-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Am I being matched properly for league games?
I've been playing Outwitters since the launch and I've been in the Clever League the entire time, even since the recent ladder changes. I've made my way up from the bottom of my league to near the top and up until two days ago, I was consistently matched and playing against other Clever League players. In the past couple days, I've been consistantly put up against players in the Super Titan and Gifted Leagues. I am getting slammed, crushed, walloped, bamboozled, and other painful adjectives.

Does anyone know why I am no longer being matched against players in my own league? I understand that a large part of the matching system is player availability, but that can't be all there is to it, is it? Is this what normally happens when you near the top of your league? To test your skills and see if you're ready to move up to another league? Clearly, I am woefully unprepared for that. I miss winning games!

Any insight is much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2012, 01:58 AM
RE: Am I being matched properly for league games?
I don't have much insight, but I think in theory the league system will set it up so that you win 50-ish% of your games. Are you losing at a much higher ratio than that? I know even a small losing streak can be disheartening.

Also, love the adjectives you used.
07-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Being matched against Gifted players if you are in Clever is the system's way of testing you for a promotion. Why you are being matched up against Super-Titans is a mystery to me, however.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-18-2012, 02:08 AM
In speculation, I would say it's probably half availibilty, and half test. I'm in the top 10 in my (Gifted) division, and I'm starting to see more Masters, where I'm usually against Clever or Gifted players. I've got 15 completed matches so far, with three more on the way.

(07-18-2012 01:58 AM)Sakiehl Wrote:  Also, love the adjectives you used.

I was particularly fond of 'Bamboozled'.

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
07-18-2012, 02:18 AM
Thanks guys!
Kamikaze28, I actually ended up finding the answer to my own question in another post that you had responded to, so sorry for making you repeat yourself! I know semi-noobs like me appreciate all the help you've been giving in the forums. Heart

It's funny - when I finished my original placement matches, I was put in the Gifted League. After playing just ONE true league match, I plummeted to the bottom of the Clever League. I was perturbed at first, but now after playing against players in the higher leagues, I can admit that I'm not wooooorthy!

Say what you want about OML's ranking system, but it knows what it's doing. So really, say what you want if it's praise. Otherwise, shut yee pieholes. Big Grin