Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharkfood Island Help!
06-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Sharkfood Island Help!
I recently started playing Outwitters again after about a year of not playing. I was placed into the Masters League, a place where I have been before but not consistenly. However, it seems the break has helped me as I have been beating high level Masters and playing much more efficiently. Overall, my playing is much better except on SFI. I cannot win a match on that map no matter who the opponent is. Any general tips or proven strategies that can help me win some games?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Sharkfood Island Help!
Watch replays, basically I would keep using the same old starting tactic before moving on to freestyle

[Image: sig.png][Image: 8xsh7n.jpg]

Awesome signature made by .Memories.
06-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Yep. There is a general meta on SFI, with variations, but try watching replays.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
06-19-2014, 12:40 PM
(06-19-2014 11:54 AM)nezoshins Wrote:  Watch replays, basically I would keep using the same old starting tactic before moving on to freestyle

Hello Nezo, I haven't really seen you in very long!

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
06-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll check out ST replays of the map and hopefully I can improve!
06-20-2014, 08:29 AM
I looked at your replays and there are a few things. The heavy is better placed in front of the base and boosted. This is because it makes it harder to attack your base, and it can reach the spot at the top of the map where it is hard to kill if you attack. Next you spawn a runner later in the game, you can normally get by on this map only spawning soldiers for vision, and it decreases your attacking and defending power. And finally, you spawn a mobi, mobis are pretty bad on this map, they are a large investment of wits for not much use and if your opponent attacks you and you have spawned a mobi, you most likely will lose.

[Image: sig.png]
06-21-2014, 12:14 PM
Awesome, thanks a ton for the advice. I'll stick to soldiers and see how that plays out for me.
06-24-2014, 04:57 AM
(06-20-2014 08:29 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  mobis are pretty bad on this map, they are a large investment of wits for not much use and if your opponent attacks you and you have spawned a mobi, you most likely will lose.

Is this really true? The spawn point is quite far from where the important action takes place (the top of the map), and a mobi can be very useful for getting new units into the fray immediately.

For instance, outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAytqZ-AsM (surely spawning the runner in turn 10 was misguided, and perhaps the mobi wasn't the best choice in turn 12 either, but whether or not the choices I made were actually the best ones, I think we can see what the mobi did for me turn 16 and on)

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2014, 05:19 AM
I think a mobi works well if your opponent doesn't attack soon after you get one, assuming they didn't spend wits to get their own mobi. If your opponent is only spawning soldiers, and you get a special, most likely you'll lose if they attack.

06-24-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm with lawtai here.

As another example of TGE's point,
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAvJbIsQkM

In the end it was a standoff at the top, but my mobi put me one wit up every turn or two, and I won because of it.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat