Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work
06-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAivLUsAsM

How did he win by heavy spam? Heavies are not very economical wit-wise, but when I see a boosted heavy I usually back up and wait until a more opportune chance to kill it. Is their something wrong with my strategy?

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work
Turn 6 was bad. You basically gave him a free kill. You used up 3 wits and it cost him 4-5 i think. But the soldier was worth 4 wits before you moved it (see Necrocat's guide). On turn 8 you continue to sacrifice two more runners and a soldier. You can't randomly attack that. A good rule of thumb is to never attack a unit unless you kill it or you're sure you can kill it next turn.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
06-08-2014, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 11:48 PM by HuskyPete.)
Heavies are good against veggies

But yeah what Bbobb said. You kind of rushed to your death. You would have been better served making those lumbering heavies move a bit.

06-09-2014, 01:06 AM
How are heavies good against veggies? I always use boosted soldiers and lots of BSes (scally) or a single mobi (adorables)

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

06-09-2014, 02:03 AM
It's important to remember that "nooby" strategies don't work when you react to them correctly.

I remember when I was 13 or 14 and I was really into chess, and reading chess books and such. I was playing a game against my brother and he got his Queen out right away and went on the offensive with it. I remembered reading somewhere at length that getting your queen out early was a bad idea, so I smiled to myself and thought " ha, he's losing already". He then proceeded to tear me to peices with it. I knew it was a bad idea, but I had no idea how to properly counter it at the time

This example serves to illustrate that it's not enough to know that a strategy is bad, but why it's bad and how to counter it. If an opponent is spamming heavies, you need to know how to deal with them; it's going to require a shift in your own strategy.

It's also not a bad idea to go against the meta occasionally: if everything thinks heavies are a bad idea, they won't prepare for them, so having a surprise heavy behind some soldiers can sometimes completely throw an opponent.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
06-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Gods help us all I'm have to agree with Bbobb!!
Exactly what makes heavies good vs veggies ? XD
I would love a demonstration on this if ur up for it haha

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
06-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Heavies are good against veggies because a thorn only guys for 1. Obviously you don't want to cross a huge map with heavies but on peekaboo or sweet tooth, heavies will ruin a brambles day.

06-10-2014, 01:05 AM
I prefer boosted soldiers against thorns rather than heavies. Cheaper, moves farther, only 1 less health. Still kills thorns 1 shot.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
06-10-2014, 01:16 AM
(06-10-2014 01:05 AM)Demon Wrote:  I prefer boosted soldiers against thorns rather than heavies. Cheaper, moves farther, only 1 less health. Still kills thorns 1 shot.

Unless boosted, which is unlikely.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
06-10-2014, 01:50 PM
I'm going to throw my lot in with the other two Super-Titan that have weighed in and say some boosted Heavy against Veggies can go a long way. Very useful on a map with tight spaces like Reaper.

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th